Chapter-7: The Engagement

Thank you all for 5K reads already
Show your interest for the story through votes and comments
Enjoy !!

Thank you all for 5K reads already Show your interest for the story through votes and comments Enjoy !!

It had been a week since Arya's wedding. Today was my engagement, it felt unreal. It was already 7pm and I should've already been there at the venue but when has a desi wedding ever begun on time. So here I was still sitting in my room having last minute thoughts on whether I was doing the right thing. Everyone around me was getting ready for an engagement ceremony but I was getting ready for a deal. My friends were really excited I didn't tell them the truth, my family was overjoyed already planning the future but little did they know this had no future.
Since my childhood I had a lot of plans for my wedding, family and soulmate. I had two dreams one for my professional life : The first step I had gone to my dream university and in the second step which was my dream job and I was still working and succeeding in it. The other one was for my personal family life. But it looked like destiny had completely different plans for me in the latter dream. I never went into a relationship because I wanted everything with one person. There was no guarantee if it would work out so I always had thought I would do everything after marriage. My parents had arranged marriage and they were the couple goals in my entire family.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a gorgeous sky blue lahenga, it was supposed to match with his sherwani. Apparently this was his favourite colour but what's the point, it's not like he is going to glance at me twice. I recalled the day I said yes for this.

FLASHBACK TO ARYA'S WEDDING DAY

I had just gotten ready but I wasn't ready with any answer I was still in a dilemma. First, I  was going to my parents room to get their charger as I had forgotten mine and Dua's was already packed. I had a room key of theirs, my mom had given me hers during lunch to get something from the room I had forgotten to return it. No one was in the room. I had just put my phone on charge and was about to leave when I heard them approaching. It took them a while to open the door looked like dad couldn't find his keys. But their conversation is what kept me from opening the door from my side. They were discussing about me and him. Generally I wouldn't eavesdrop ever but hearing Zain's and my names together I chose to do otherwise. I quickly hid in the washroom as they entered.

Hearing their conversation I was now sure of my answer. Apparently my dad was doing some business deal with his family. That's how they got to know about me in the first place. The deal with them was very important most probably the most important deal of his life and he didn't refuse himself because he wasn't sure if the deal would be on if he had rejected. Another reason seemed to be he actually liked Zain or else he would have said no but that would caused him a lot of loss as they were way more powerul. My parents didn't tell me this because they didn't want to pressurize me into saying yes but they were really hoping I do say yes. So I said yes without letting them know the reason why I said yes. I always felt indebted to them. I thought about it for some time and tried to make the best of the situation. I would agree to marry someone obviously and why not him. My parents liked him generally not even for the business which meant he was actually good. Yes maybe I have a few problems with him but everything would be fine later, now my perfect book boys won't come out of their books so he would do. I was going to try my best to make this work. That's what I always had in mind right.