Chapter-31: The Date Crash

Chapter-32 and chapter-33 has already been posted together in Scrollstack for paid readers.

https://trixsterfairy.stck.me/post/203343/Chapter-3132-and-33
(Link is given in my bio)

-Spoiler and Update Date for next two chaps is given at the end of this chapter. Enjoy!

Target Vote- 3700

Week-8

I knew I was going to have a good day when my dad asked me to drop a file to Shayra's firm on the way to my work

I knew I was going to have a good day when my dad asked me to drop a file to Shayra's firm on the way to my work. Even though the chances might have be less that I encountered her but luck was always in my favor. I had accepted her rejection because I never fell for her with the hope of she would fall for me but because I had no control over my feelings. She was looking at him the way I had once hoped she would look at me but she doesn't even turn her head back at me. Our last conversation was a knife in my chest but I promised to be a friend, and if that's what it was- it was my duty to check on her if she was fine. She didn't seem fine that last week at Dua's party.

When I went in the receptionist showed me the way to a cabin to drop off the files which could have been anyone's but it was hers. She was sitting, fully engrossed in her work to even notice someone had entered.

I took two steps forward slowly as to not disturb her but in that moment she shook her head and looked at me with a done face "You know I can see you right?"

"Uhh hey love," I sheepishly smiled at her, my voice carrying a mix of warmth and playfulness. "I brought these files for you."

"Oh, great. More paperwork. Just what I needed," she quipped, her words betraying a hint of vulnerability.

Undeterred, I couldn't ignore the subtle shifts in Shayra's demeanor. She was the life of a party when she was with everyone but usually whenever I noticed her alone, constant worry and sadness lingered in her face. "You seem a bit off are you actually okay?Is everything alright?"

Shayra hesitated, her guard momentarily faltering as she wrestled with her response. "It's nothing, Kabir. Just one of those days," she replied, her words a fragile attempt to deflect my concern.

But I could see through her facade, my intuition guiding me past her defenses. I knew there was more to her mood than she let on.

"You know you can tell me anything, right? I'm here for you," I reassured her.

"I am fine Kabir. You don't have to worry about me and let me do my work peacefully and you do yours ." She replied not maintaining our eye contact.

I wasn't gonna listen to her this time, I walked over to her table and gently took the file from her hold making her look at me blankly. She was about to open her mouth ready to bash me but I beat her to it

"Enough work for the day. It's time for you to relax. Come with me." I said rotating her chair, signalling her to get up.

"I don't want to go anywhere." Came her simple reply