Prologue

P.O.V Eleanor

"Kahuna! Kahuna, heel!" I yelled as I ran after my hound who was chasing a badger into the woods. He ran so deep into the trees that I lost sight of the village and followed him blindly. It was foolish, I know, but what other choice did I have? My father would have been furious if he knew our guard dog had escaped and it was my fault.

I soon realized I was loosing sight of my massive Saint Bernard, his large paws carrying him much faster than my legs could. "Kahuna! Come back! Here boy," I called out loudly followed by a long whistle. I refrained from moving in hopes of hearing the pounding of paws in the earth, with no such luck. The forest was eerily quite.

Whistling again, I kneeled and placed my hands on the ground and used my magic to feel the vibrations of the living organisms around me. I closed my eyes, clearly able to see the slow, light pulses of every tree and blade of grass within a 10 meter radius of myself projected on my eyelids. I could feel but not see the larger pulses made by animals and people from at least a kilometer away, but my hound was not close, nothing was. I glanced around as far as my eyes would let me see, no movement, the only sounds I could hear was the soft thumping of my heart. Maybe he circled round and went home, I finally decided, after glancing around once more. "Well done, El! You've lost Kahuna AND you're so deep in the forest that you cannot see the village."

"Who's Kahuna," a masculine voice inquired from behind me, interrupting from my vocal internal monologue. I straightened and spun on my heel to face the mystery man, eyes wide, hoping he was not a raider or a bandit.

I tried to keep my voice even and confident, "He's my hound, a Saint Bernard. You haven't seen him, have you? I chased him that direction," I said as I pointed past the stranger. "Until I couldn't keep up and lost sight of him."

"I have not. There are no hounds here." I finally got a good look at the man, who wasn't really a man at all, a teenager like myself, no older than I. He was attractive, with piercing green eyes that seemed to swirl in the light with mischief, and ash brown hair. "Who are you," he inquired and paced closer to me, towering over my small 156cm frame.

I bit my lip in hesitation, "Eleanor, who are you? Why are you all alone in the woods?" I finally replied, nervousness making my voice waver.

"I could ask you the same question Eleanor. My name is Peter. Peter Pan. I'm sure you've heard of me."

As he spoke I could feel myself weakening. Being the only sister of five brothers, I was never classified as weak, by any means, but I knew that's what I was now. The blood drained from my face and I suddenly got very dizzy. "You, the stories- you aren't real. You're just the story that mothers tell their children to scare them into submission. I'm dreaming. I must've tripped and hit my head while chasing Kahuna," by this point I was in a fit of nervous, fear-driven hysteria and slowly moving backwards. I could feel his vibrations in the ground through my barren feet, he wasn't a dream and he had great power, reflected in the golden glow of his pulses, which only terrified me further.

"See, that's where you're wrong, dear Eleanor, I am not simply a story. I am the person, " he moves closer and I freeze, as he circles me, "the monster," he stops behind me and leans down to whisper in my ear, "the demon."

I was frightened beyond belief and frozen in my place. I didn't realize until everything went black that I had locked my knees and fainted from the utter fear that was coursing through my veins.

-----
A/N
I'm aware it's quite short, but I would like to only give you a glimpse to what is to come! I love OUAT and the whole Neverland sequence so I thought I'd build my own, hope I do the characters justice!

Like, Vote, and Comment

:)