Chapter 22- Feelings for the Monster

P.O.V Eleanor

"Peter! Shut up! It's okay! I love you too!" She all but screams at me before crashing her lips onto mine.

He falls into the kiss, kissing me back. It was strange. I went from fearing this boy, to hating him, to tolerating him, to loving him. Loving him just felt so right, be it because he literally had my heart or because he was my one true love I had no idea, but what I did know was I didn't want this to end. His rough hands trailed lightly against my cheek and I brought my arms around his neck.

To my dismay, he pulled away from my lips, kissed my forehead and rested his forehead against mine. That's when I felt it, a jolt of energy. The girls from my home would say it was love but I knew what it really was- the wavelengths of the island were off. "Peter..."

He pulled me to my feet as he stood, "I know I felt it too."

"Could it be the Queens army?" I asked, fear laced my words.

"I'd assume so." He replied as he grabbed his knife from its desk and sheathed it on his belt. "You know what you have to do, don't you?"

I nodded and made my way down the ladder of his hut. At the bottom I was bombarded by a massive group hug.

Dan was the first to scold me, "Don't you dare scare us like that ever again!"

"Yeah El!" Cried Owen and Connor simultaneously. I crouched down and hugged them both.

"I didn't mean to scare everyone," I told them with a light smile. "I'm sorry, but you need to scold me later, were under attack." Owen and Connor gasp and take off running to their hut which I promptly set a protection spell around.

Pan finally emerged from the hut and, after sharing a few brief words and a sly smile with Felix, he started barking orders to the boys. "Slightly, gather the the weapons. Dan and Leo,  lock up the valuables. Alfred and Colby stay behind and protect the camp. Everyone else, grab your gear and get to the North shore."

Pan grabbed my arm and flashed us to the break of woods just before the beach. We could hear the boys hollering and whooping as they made their way through the woods. Pan and I ducked behind a boulder and watched as the beach was invaded by many large men in metal armor.

"These aren't the same people who invaded before." I whispered to Pan, still watching the men unload their ship. They hadn't heard the boys in the woods yet, and to ensure they didn't Pan set a spell about the woods to lower their voices.

"No, the queen hired those men before. These are her personal guards." He whispered back, and pointed at a woman descending from the ship. "That's the queen. Stay here Eleanor, I don't want you getting captured. I don't want you to fight unless I say so. I'll throw a fire ball to the sky when we need you, don't move from here until I do that."

"But Pe-"

"Do as I say, Eleanor." He glared to me before flashing onto the beach in front of the Queen. I couldn't hear what was being said, but I knew Peter was being cocky by the smirk plastered on his face. Peter out his hand behind his back and made a gesture. It was his gesture for the boys to attack and attack they did as I watched from behind the rock.

I watched Pan and the boys skillfully fight against the men much larger than them. I could see Asher perched towards the top of a tree with a bow. He docked and arrow, aimed, and let it fly. It hit a guard in the gap in his armor by his shoulder then Dan knocked the man to the ground. The boys enjoyed ganging up on the guards and it was a tactic that really worked for them.

Suddenly, the large man with the arrow in his shoulder threw Dan off of him with a foul swoop of his arm. I flinched as Dan hit the sand and suddenly became very worried as I glanced around at the other boys being pushed around more than they usually do.

"Well well well. Look what we have here," said a deep voice from behind me. I whipped around to face the man behind me and gasped when I saw three heavily armored large burly men.

"Grab her." Ordered the man in the middle and I immediately got defensive. I created a fire ball and threw it at the men. They didn't flinch. They didn't move. It just hit the men and fizzled out. My eyes grew wide and I panicked, stomping the ground and creating a land tsunami toward the men. They just jumped right over the moving rocks and ran towards me. I barely had time to process what had happened before they grabbed me and hoisted me off the ground.

"Let me go!" I screamed, kicking at the air and trying to squirm free to no avail. I continued flailing about as they easily brought me to the beach. I drew as much attention to myself as possible, drawing the Lost Boys over in my defense. The all started attacking but it was like the guys were made out of metal and nothing bothered them.

The men brought me over to their Queen and I grew more and more frightened. She was fighting with Peter and he didn't seem to be winning. "Pan!" I screamed and he turned in my direction, momentarily losing focus. In that moment he got his with a blast of magic energy and was sent flying onto his back. "Pan! Get up!"

He quickly got to his feet and started sending rapid bursts of energy in the Queens direction. "What do you want with her!?"

The woman laughed evilly, "Silly boy, I just want her. She's the key to destroying you and Neverland."

"Why would you want to do that!?" I yelled, still frantically trying to escape.

"You shall see my dear. You shall see." She sneered, "take her aboard."

"Let her go!" Yelled Pan as he fought with the Queen. Her men started marching me towards their ship, I looked behind me, watching Peter frantically fighting the Queen and her easily deflecting his attempts as she casually walked behind us. As we reached the ramp she sent a huge ball of energy that hit Pan square in the chest sending him hard to the ground, unmoving.

I let out a choked scream, tears welling up in my eyes, "Peter!"

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you had feelings for the monster," the woman smirked and laughed evilly as she passed us.

"Peter! Get up! Pan please get up!" I screamed, tears falling from my face as I watched his still body start to disappear as they pulled my farther and farther onto their ship.

The rest of the Queen's men followed us up and I was held at the back of the ship to watch as the Lost Boys gathered around a still unmoving Pan. I tried to yell to them but my mouth was gagged by a dirty cloth. Slightly shook Pan and he finally started to come to as the ship began pulling away from the shore. He stood up shakily with the help of Slightly and Josh. From what I could tell he was furious as I continued to struggle against the men until the Queen snapped her fingers. Suddenly I was hit in the head with something hard and knocked out cold with a furious Peter watching helplessly from the beach.