Chapter 3- Curiosity and the Cat

P.O.V Eleanor

"Take me to Pan."

Felix led me to the base of tree holding the tree hut then turned back to me, "Wait here."

I watched him climb the ladder extending upwards into the hut, waiting patiently at the bottom. I could faintly hear talking above, but couldn't make out exactly what was being said. I was too scared to ease drop for fear the stories I heard were potentially true.

I let my mind wander a bit and didn't pay close attention to my surroundings. How long have these boys been here? How old are they really? Where are the all from? I was very curious which could possibly be one of my worst traits, I always had to put my nose where it didn't belong.

"Waiting to talk to Pan?" A voice asks from beside me, startling me.

"I am." I was quite nervous and wanted to keep to myself, I was trying to save my confidence to face Peter Pan.

"I'm Asher, by the way," he tells me, extending a dirt, ash, and charcoal covered hand, reminding me of the charcoal painted across my face.

I put my hand to my cheek, checking if the paint was still there, surprisingly, it was. I then shook his hand, not minding much, I did walk around barefoot and stick my hands on the ground on a usual basis, after all. "Eleanor. It's nice to meet you."

"You too." We were left in an awkward silence as he seemed to have nothing left to say. I took the chance to quickly look him over, if I was staying, I needed names to faces. Asher was quite tall, with eyes and hair the color of oak wood and didn't smile, in fact he looked perpetually angry.

I took another look at the perpetually angry boy, "How long have you lived here?" I blurted and slapped a hand over my mouth and looked down. Curiosity killed the cat.

I looked up at him but he didn't seem fazed by my question, "Time works differently here on Neverland than in other realms. It was hard keeping track of days after a while, I lost track after a few months. So to tell you exactly how long is nearly impossible. Let's go with a long time, alright?" I nodded even though I was still very curious. "Sound like Pan is almost ready for you. I need to get back to tending the fire. Good luck."

As if right on cue, Felix clambered down the wooden ladder and I took a slow breath to calm my nerves.

"Go on up," he told me as he stepped down and walked off to continue his duties.

I put a shaky hand on the ladder, took a deep breath, and ascended into the tree hut. Once inside, I was greeted with his back turned to me as he fiddled with something on a table tucked in the corner. I took a shaky breath, "Hello."

He turned, putting a smirk on his face as soon as he laid eyes on me. "Why are you up here, Eleanor?"

Uh oh. "I was under the impression Felix told you I needed to have a word with you, I'm sorry for intruding." I lost all sense of confidence and reverted back to holding my hands together so tightly they were turning white.

"You were under the wrong impression," he moved closer to me, crossing his arms as the terror inside me continued to grow.

"I'm very sorry. I have something very important to tell you, I was informed you would rather hear this from me." I felt so inferior and small, he was huge in frame compared to me.

He cocked an eyebrow, intrigued, "Go on."

"I-I intend to stay," breathe El, "willingly."

"Do you now?" He seemed slightly surprised, an emotion I was not expecting. "Why should I let you? Why should I not just outcast you and let you fend for yourself?" Now this I was expecting. He continued to move closer to me until he was just out of my arms reach.

The Angel and the Demon {Peter Pan/Robbie Kay} Fanficजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें