Chapter 20- Shattered Glass

P.O.V Peter Pan

I collapsed next to the occupied cot, back resting against the wooden frame, elbows resting on knees and head in my hands. I had done all I could.

Eleanor such an idiotic girl. She had fallen right into a bush of dreamshade. It's deadly poison got into her femoral artery and spread quickly. I was beyond panicked when she collapsed. I knew what to do, but my mind was muddled with the fact I was losing her. I flashed her and myself into my hut, gently lauded her down in my cot and assured her everything would be okay. I rushed around gathering ingredients to make the cure all while continuing to assure her she would be okay. And that's when Eleanor stopped reacting to anything around her. She wasn't moving, or crying out, or listening. Her eyes were still darting around but never made eye contact with me or even acknowledged I was still there. I was losing her fast. I couldn't lose her. She was Eleanor. My Eleanor. She was mine and I was not letting her go.

I lifted my head from my hands in realization. I loved her. I loved Eleanor and I lost her. She was gone. Unresponsive. Deceased. Dead. I let out a shaky breath, felt my throat and chest get tight and my eyes water. Then the tears fell, I don't remember when the last time I cried, but I was now. I had lost the girl I loved.

I pulled myself to my feet in a fit of upset rage. I yelled and punched the wall across the room. I lost the one thing I realized I would live for. Her.

P.O.V Felix

The Lost Boys and I had gathered around under Pans tree hut to listen to what was going on above us. Eleanor was Glass bottles clinked together. Eleanor cried out in pain. Pan mumbled frustrated words as he shuffled around. Some glasses shattered on the ground. More muffled words. We all heard Eleanor's screams get hushed abruptly and Pan shuffling around quickly. After a while more of shuffling there was a thud and no more movement for a while.

The boys and I sat quietly in waiting. Then as we sat, we heard muffled cries and soon he was up and punching things. Walls were hit. Glasses were thrown. Upset anger was let out. I ushered the boys away. He needed space for whatever he was going through.

P.O.V Peter Pan

After destroying most of my hut I had finally let go most of my frustration and anger. I glanced around with burning eyes. Most everything was destroyed. I couldn't express how I upset I was. I lost her. I started repairing the damage I caused, using my magic to fix all the broken vials and glasses and jars. I slumped back down against the cot with her lifeless body in it. I couldn't bear myself to look at her. She was too innocent, too pure, too beautiful, too peaceful, too lifeless. And that's when it happened. She took a sudden breath.

Thank all of you so much for your love and support. I'm so sorry for the delays and I wish I wouldn't give you excuses but they are legit. I've been suffering from depression and stress from my senior year. I have lost my passion for the things I love so much, such as writing, because of these issues. And I'm so so sorry for making you wait, but I'm glad I get to share it with you now that I'm feeling better. I hope you enjoyed. Comment your thoughts and feelings I love hearing from you all!