Chapter 14- A Hike Through the Dark

Please read the A/N at the end :)

•••

P.O.V Eleanor

Pan and I left camp around mid morning and had been hiking the path for a while when I started to notice changes in the scenery. The forest was much darker here. The dense foliage blocking the warming beams of sunshine from coruscating down on the land. The Dark Forest was given its name rightfully.

Peter led me carefully down the winding path, avoiding the massive bushes of the deadly poison, dream shade. I was well aware of it, ever since my first real encounter with it during my first few days. Long story.

We had been walking for a few hours, stopping occasionally to rest and refill our canteens in the small streams that were scattered about the island. At one point, Peter and I waded into one up to our thighs to cool off.

Pan and I talked for a good portion of the very long hike. He had told me about the island before I had arrived and asked me about my thoughts of the island. I assumed from my responses and his reactions that he was amused and knew I had no intention of leaving.

At this point though, I could barely see the sky through the canopy of leaves but I knew it was late afternoon. Usually we would all be at training, but with Pan and I gone on our hike, I had no idea what the boys would be up to. Probably playing games, eating, and sleeping as much as possible. I wouldn't know for sure and it didn't stop me from being curious.

I watched as Pan walked ahead of me, easily stepping over large rocks and fallen logs that I had to climb over. He was fluid in his movements, more so than I was at least. It was entrancing the way he moved. He reminded me of a humming bird, moving so quickly it was almost as if he wasn't ever there in the first place. Stop it, Eleanor. You can't have feelings for him.

I was quickly interrupted from my thoughts when I stumbled over a rock protruding from the earth. Pan didn't seem to notice and I quickly composed myself. Silently thanking myself for choosing to wear the boots he had provided me with. Walking with shoes was weird to say the least. I was not used to it at all and it gave me a sense uneasy not being able to feel the lulling pulses of the trees. The pulses that had become stronger the longer I was on the island and gave me a sense of security.

Finally, Peter stopped and I bumped into him. He didn't move an inch but my momentum sent me stumbling back a few feet. I threw my arms out to steady myself.

"We're here." He crossed his arms and leaned against a tree a few feet away.

"Now what?"

"Now," he sighed. "We wait."

I made myself comfortable sitting at the base of a tree opposite Peter. I had no idea how long we would be waiting. Glancing up, it was nearly impossible to see the sky through the foliage. It was very dark, so dark in fact, I strained my eyes to focus on Peter. He was barely two meters across from me and I could barely see him. I drew a steady hand through my long hair, pulling it away from my face. I needed to cut it soon before it got too long.

I also noticed how light my arm had felt. Pan had not put the magic constricting cuff back on my wrist. He must have forgotten or trusts me enough, knowing I don't want to leave.

"You need to change when we get back."

I startled from my thoughts, picking my gaze back up to Peter's figure, looming eerily in the lack of lighting. "Pardon?"

"You need to change," he repeated. "You're caked in dried blood-some of which isn't yours, and your shirt is slashed as well as your skirt. So you need to change," he clarified. He looked slightly frustrated by the furrow of his eyebrows. Then, he moved to sit next to me. I raised an eyebrow at him in question, but he didn't seem to notice.

"I suppose I do. You aren't looking much better yourself," I noted generally gesturing to his overall appearance. "Why didn't you put the cuff back on my wrist?" I blabbed, speaking my thoughts. I mentally slapped myself even though I got the answer I wanted.

"Remember what I said when I put it on you? I told you that I would remove it when I trusted you," he said with a seemingly soft expression then paused, his expression hardening again. "Don't make me regret my decision."

"I don't intend to," I say. I thought I saw him smirk, but even though I could see him better, it was still to dark to tell for sure. He didn't say anything after that, but I kind of expected him to, "Peter?"

I quickly realized what I had said and opened my mouth to apologize, but I was stopped before I could even get the first syllable out. Pan had grabbed my face with both of his hands and crashed his lips into mine.

•••
A/N

• I am SO sorry for this really late update. I have a good excuse (well, excuses) I swear! For one I haven't been feeling the best, and I have been having some personal issues to deal with (as I had mentioned last chapter). But things are getting better so that's good! I've also been a tad busy looking at colleges online as well as college programs, such as the Disney College Program.

•So again, I'm very sorry that this was late, I'm going to try to get back into the swing of updating every other day, because so love all of you wonderful readers oh so much! <3

~Stay Lovely~