Chapter 12- By Any Means Necessary

P.O.V Eleanor

"Let's play."

The boys scrambled, running in every direction, into one another and me. Pan grabs my arm and slips the cuff off quickly. "What is going on?" I asked, flustered by all the commotion as the wind started to pick up.

Peter watched the boys scattered about hiding valuables and arming themselves with weapons. "What part of, 'we're under attack' do you not understand?"

I glared sharply at him, but I still hadn't the slightest clue of what I should be doing. "What do you want me to do, you never went over situations such as this!" I yelled to him over the bustle and shouts of the boys.

"You're going to fight with us, using your magic," he explained, looking up towards the sky. Through the canopy of trees, I could see storm clouds churning. I glanced back at Peter, hoping he might have an explanation for the sudden bad weather. I was sadly mistaken. "You will do everything I say, do you understand?"

"Pan, I-"

"Do you understand?" He demanded, enunciating his words clearly.

"Yes," I said and he grabbed my hand, pulling me along toward Connor and Owen's tent.

"Put up a cage of vines and a protection spell."

I was about to but hesitated, having a realization. "You told me never to use my magic with the boys around. You're testing me aren't you."

The look on his face told me otherwise, "Everything I say," he said simply. "Ignore what I said before."

I nodded hesitantly, conjuring up vines that untangled themselves together to form a protective barrier around the young boys. I then put up a protection spell that shimmered as it set itself in place. I was worried though. I wasn't sure how strong it would be.

I turned around to see the reactions of the others, Liam was the only one to seem shocked. He and I made eye contact but he pulled away quickly and went on his way.

"Well done," Peter praised and started walking off. "Follow me. You're far from done."

--

Once everyone was out of camp, Pan cast another protection spell. He then proceeded to flash us to the edge of the forest, very close to the beach. It was frightening, to say the least. The sky was even darker here. The clouds churned, threatening to spill rain. The weather seemed to match the way I was feeling.

"Eleanor, I want you to listen to me very closely. I want you to fend those people off," he said motioning down the shore where a pirate ship had run ashore. It seemed purposeful, not accidental. "Use any means necessary."

I nod my head in understanding. "Why are they here?"

"They've come for you." He glances over his shoulder, making sure they haven't advanced on us. "Your King and the Evil Queen of the daughter of the Queen of Hearts, both want you dead, Somehow they know about you, I'm not exactly sure how, but they does. They want you dead for fear of your power."

The news sent a jolt of fear through my body, my nerves even more on edge. "I refuse to go with them. I refuse to go back to Terram Regnum."

The storm grew worse, the rain starting to come down. "Good girl, we'll be fighting with you. Remember what I've taught you." He grinned, which was the last thing I was expecting.

--

The rain poured down heavily now. I secured my wet hair up and out of my face, diving head first into the battle. Planting my feet firmly in the damp sand, I could feel the vibrations-albeit fuzzy- of the many bodies around. I sent large balls of solid dirt at the attackers of the Lost Boys in need of help.

Suddenly I was approached by a charging foe with a large hammer. Panicking, I sent a ball of fire in his direction, hitting him square in the chest. He started to fall backwards but regained his balance quickly and batted out the flames, it had barely harmed him.

He swung the hammer in my direction and I vanished before it could hit me. I reappeared behind him, sending a forceful kick into his back. He fell face first into the sand, I conjured jungle vines, wrapping him tightly, restricting his movement completely.

Pointing my index and middle fingers of my left hand in his direction, he levitated off the ground. I then whipped my arm to the side, sending him flying against a large tree. It was with enough force to render him unconscious.

By any means. Pan's voice spoke in my head, repeating over and over again. I refused to go back. For one, I did not want to die. Two, I have no idea how much time had passed, there was a new queen in the kingdom near.

A man's war cry broke me out of my little trance, I turn, eyes wide. He was very close and arced his sword down on me, slashing the fabric and skin from my lower left ribs to my naval. From the deep cut came blast of raw magic in his direction, he sailed forward, landing hard on a boulder on the shore line. I gasped, hearing a loud crunch.

A strong gale of wind blows through, knocking most everyone over. I remained standing though, and I felt a sense of cold and pain wash over me. My hands immediately go to my abdomen. Peter flashes over to me and I look at him with confusion, unable to form coherent sentences.

"Shh, Eleanor calm down," he caught me as my knees gave way. He lowers me to the red sand, coming with me. Blood. My blood, seeping into it. He quickly runs a glowing hand lightly over my stomach, the light casting eerie shadows on his defined face. The searing pain of the slash and the white hot magic brought tears that threatened to spill over.

"Is he... Is he dead?" I finally manage to shout over the drowning noise of gallons of water pouring from the sky. It hadn't let up in the slightest.

Pan glances up at the man on the rocks and squints at him through the rain and replies almost hesitantly. "No...no he's not. He is sufficiently hurt though." I didn't think much of the hesitation, my head more focused on my pain receptors flaring.

He looked back down at me and I met his green eyes with my tearful hazel ones. He then ran his still glowing fingers over my lip. I realized I must have busted it-the raw magic making it sting.

A large commotion of the enemies fleeing, startled us both. I bolted upright, my aching stomach protested but I ignored it. "They're running away?"

"Seems so. You are a lot more powerful than they were expecting, I presume." He helps me fully stand, his hand lightly touching the bare skin on my waist. It sent electric shivers through my body, making me feel safe.

We watched the Lost Boys chase after the attackers, I cracked a weak smile at their childishness.

The rain had lightened and Peter seemed to notice too. He had a puzzled look on his face as he curiously looked at me, the sky, then back to me. I watched him say something, but it sounded like it was far away or behind a wall. My vision blurred, darkness creeping close. The last thing I saw before everything went black was a pair of worried green eyes.

•••
A/N

•I sincerely hope you all enjoy this chapter. I know I definitely did!

•IMPORTANT- I HAVE entered this story into the 2015 Watty's!! Yay!

-Question(s) of the Chapter: Why did Eleanor feel cold? Why do you think Pan hesitated? What was with the weather? What happened to Eleanor?

~Stay Lovely~