Chapter 7- Introductions

P.O.V Eleanor

As we walked I realized I was hungry and that it was already midday, I needed to eat as soon as possible. The walk back to camp seemed longer than in the early morning through the dense foliage of the forest though. The trees were large and riddled with climbing vines, mosses, and hundreds of different shrubs some with berries and some without. The worn paths were no obstacle for my calloused feet.

I then found myself switching my attention to the mysterious and perplexing boy that lead me down the worn dirt path. His attire was made up of different shades of green and brown that matched the scenery around us, and in all honestly he was certainly attractive. The tales I used to hear portrayed him as much more villainous and evil looking but he was proving me wrong for the most part, that was, except for stealing my heart-in the literal sense.

He was reasonably different than the tales and different than the other Lost Boys I had met. Peter Pan didn't have the same liveliness they had, he seemed more miserable. There was much more to him than his harsh veneer.

Sooner than I expected we were back in the camp with the rest of the boys. One of them had restocked the fire so it burned bright, sending a warming glow across the camp. The boys sat around the blazing fire, laughing at what, the boy I recognized as Slightly, was telling them.

"Boys!" Pan called, walking over to the circle of boys and whistling loudly to catch their attention when they didn't respond the first time. "It's time I formally introduce a new member to the group. Boys, meet Eleanor," he extended a hand towards me and I walked over, waving once.

"A few of you have met her already, I'm sure. However she has not met all of you, so introduce yourselves," he snaps and they comply.

"Slightly, nice to meet you again, Lost Girl." He smiled and I chuckled, I could actually see him this time, he was probably 16 or 17 years old with bright blue eyes and black hair. He sat back down after greeting me and the rest followed.

"Owen!" He ran around the fire, and I bent down to pick him up, resting him on my hip as the rest of the boys introduced themselves.

"I'm Alfred," a tall boy with curly light brown locks stands up and holds out his hand. I balance Owen on my side and took his and shook it firmly. He was around the same age as the rest of the boys I'd met, except Owen. "Call me Alfie."

"Move Alfie!" A young curly haired ginger boy pushed Alfie out of the way, making me smile. "I'm Connor! I'm eight!" He says holding out his hands to show how old he was, I bid him a sweet hello and he ran off. Owen proceeded to squirmed out of my arms and ran after his friend.

"I'm Leo," said one of the twin boys, the taller of the two.

"And I'm Dan," finished the other, they weren't identical making it that much easier on me to remember them all.

Liam stood up next with a small smile, "Nice to see you again, El. I'm Liam, if you didn't remember."

"Hello again," I send a small smile his direction and shift my weight to my left foot, my feet beginning to hurt after being on them for so long.

"Colby," he mumbled, not standing or even looking at me. His head rested in his hand with his elbow resting on his knee. I nodded, holding back a distasteful glare I wanted to send in his direction.

"Glad to see you awake," Josh said, chuckling.

"Good to see you too, Josh," I addressed him, my smile growing.

Asher walked over to me, pulling me into a surprising hug and spoke quietly so no one else could hear, "Glad to see you alive, El." He pulled away and introduced himself again, "I'm Asher."

I nodded courtly as he went back to his seat on one of the logs. "Lovely seeing you again."

"And I'm Gavin," a boy the same age as Asher and the older boys, stood up while smiling. He was quite tall with brown hair, and dark green eyes.

"It's very nice to meet you all," I told them after Felix made no attempt to introduce himself. I moved to take a seat on one of the logs, but Peter grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"You don't have time to relax right now, El. Hm, Felix, would you mind telling Eleanor the basic rules and show her around camp?" He asked, but it sounded as though it was more of a demand than a question. "I have some business to attend to."

"Sure, Peter." Felix stood, pulling up the hood of his cloak and swung his club over his shoulder. "Come on, Lost Girl."

He lead me away from the warmth of the fire and I glanced quickly over my shoulder to see the boys being instructed by Peter and scurrying off to do whatever he had said. Felix had stopped at the semicircle of tents which, at a closer look, were more like huts with wooden frames and flooring and tarp thrown over the frame to keep out wind and rain. "Look here, Lost Girl," he said with his southern drawl, "this where you'll be staying unless instructed otherwise by Pan. Pan has also supplied you with more clothing and a cloak that is more suitable for your size."

"Thank you, Felix. I'll be sure to thank him later. What are the basic rules Peter was talking about?" I asked, turning to look at him.

He shifted his intimidating club in his hands, "Right. The first rule is probably the most important, he only goes by Pan. Never call him Peter."

"Why is it you are allowed to call him Peter?" I asked curiously, crossing my arms for a sense of security.

"Because I am his second in command. Now, rule two, do not lie or steal. Rule three, never disobey. All other rules you should know as they are common sense. You will be training with the rest of the lost boys for the most part, you will learn to hunt and Pan will show you the lagoons for bathing and relaxing," he informed me. "I believe that's all I'm supposed to tell you, feel free to chat with the boys." He then proceeded to walk off, and I chose to take a quick look in my hut.

It's rather large for such a small looking place, a bed was in the far corner with a feather stuffed mattress and pillows as well different furs and knit blankets for warmth. A small trunk sat at the foot of the bed to hold personal items and probably weapons.

Opposite the bed was a dresser which I assumed held the clothing Peter had given me. A pair of brown leather boots sat next the the dresser and a mirror was hung just above the dresser. It was simple but it held the basic necessities.

I walked over to the mirror, examining myself. I was surprised to see the charcoal that had adorned my face practically every day since birth was still caked onto my skin. My hazel eyes had stood out amongst the black charcoal, making them rather harsh looking despite the soft curves of my face. My hair was still slightly tangled but was much nicer than it was this morning. I planned to whittle a comb if Peter would not give me one.

I then stepped away from the mirror and took a glance around the room again before I made up my mind to join the boys in camp for midday meal, as Peter had made me skip the one in the morning. I would change later but refused to wear the boots provided for me.

It was time for an adventure, that was what I had decided to call my time on Neverland. And my would it be an awfully big one.

•••
A/N

•DOUBLE UPDATE because I am so darn excited for the next few chapters! I hope you all enjoy this one! I know I did!

•Above is what Eleanor currently looks like, clothes wise.

• If you enjoyed this chapter please don't hesitate to leave a comment and/or vote!

~Stay Lovely~