the experience

AUTHOR's POV
DEVANTE SWING

inspired by recent events,
this is in this era btw.

You knew DeVanté through his younger brother, Dalvin. You and Dalvin had became friends on instagram, after you swiped up on his story one time telling him how much you fucked with Jodeci and his ep. You bonded from that moment on, staying up late at night texting or even sometimes FaceTiming each other; which you helped Dalvin learn how to do. On your off day, the two of you were FaceTiming and he was coaching you on how to make the perfect peach cobbler, remembering how his mother used to. In the background you can hear DeVante questioning Dalvin about who he was on the phone with. But, before he could answer, the older male grabbed the phone and put the camera to his face.

"Who is this?" His deep voice boomed, nearly making you drop your food. You turn to your phone that was propped up and your eyes widened at the man on the other side. The legend and icon DeVante Swing was talking to you. Despite you wanting to fan girl over him, you calmly walked over and picked up your phone and introduced yourself. The man was still handsome after all these years, your attraction towards him grew the more you talked to him. He took hostage of Dal's phone, and the two of you talked each other's ears off until nightfall.

Before he left his brother's place, the both of you exchanged numbers and as soon as he got home he called you and the two of you ended the night off talking with each other. Laying in your bed that same night, you couldn't control the smile that stayed on your face. Talking to your favorite band member and getting to know him the very same day? And then getting his number? Ooh your momma would be so jealous. From that day on the two of you continuously talked and that small one sided crush you had on him grew. 

Due to busy schedules, you never got the chance to meet the Degrate brothers. However, that changed this summer. Jodeci was having a summer block party tour  and you were definitely going. Looking at the dates and locations, you booked for the one closer to you; getting backstage pass and vip. You were going to surprise them, you couldn't wait to not only meet Dalvin and DeVante but also the Hailey brother's. Jodeci was your all time favorite band and them being your first concert experience would change your life forever. After taking off of work, you began to pick out your outfit and counted down the hours before the show.

HOURS LATER.

The moment Jodeci had came out the crowd went wild. You were screaming your lungs out as you sang along to their greatest hits, enjoying their performances. Dalvin had recognized you in the crowd, kissing your hand that you held out for him, before he danced and sang his way across the stage; and pointing his brother in your direction. As the song changed from Stay to Feenin, DeVante sauntered his way over to you and began the beginning of the song. Underneath his shades you can see those beautiful eyes staring right into yours, his pink lips moved and his raspy voice entered the mic.

You couldn't believe what was happening, THE DeVante Swing was just singing to you. Instagram was going to love this. The band continued their set list and during the mist of it, Dalvin and DeVante kept you even more entertained than you already were. Once they had finished performing and the show was over, one of their security guards and the concert hall's employees ushered you to were the band was going to be at. While you walked, you quickly checked your makeup, made sure your hair was good, checked your breath, made sure the girls were sitting and made sure you still smelled like your favorite perfume.

Butterflies fluttered in your stomach as you approached the guys, seeing them up close and personal was totally different from being a few away from them. "Hi guys.." You spoke in a normal octave, gaining their attention, which you earned a smile from them. Dalvin was the first to hug you, he told you that it was so nice to finally meet you and that you were a lot shorter in person. "I could say thing about you" You joked earning a chuckled from him and some 'ooos' from the others. Going down the line you stopped to talk to JoJo, you complimented and praised his voice; whispering in his ear that he was your favorite member, making him chuckle in response.

Speaking to K-Ci was like speaking to an uncle. He was funny and charming, you laughed at every joke he told you. You told him that you needed to have an 'Ooh yeah' competition the next time you see him, before you moved to the last person in the line. It was him, the man you thought for years. The man that changed your life without him even knowing you. The man that started to make you smile before you went to sleep, it was him.

He pulled you into a hug, his cologne infiltrating your nostrils and his heart beating against your ear. He smelled as sexy as he was, you loved a man that smelled good and took care of his hygiene. Pulling apart from the embrace, you smiled and looked at him; still not believing that he was standing in front of you. The two of you engaged in small talk, talking about some of the things that were said over the phone during your last conversation and the show, before Dalvin interrupted. "Yo, babygirl! What are you doing for the rest of the week?" He questioned and you thought about it for a second before answering.

"Nothing. Why? Do you have something planned?"

"We got some room on this tour bus. If you don't mind, would you like to join—" You didn't even let him finish, practicing yelling out 'hell yeah' to him which made you earn a laugh from the guys. "Good, cause I can't wait to taste some of your food. I heard all about it" K-Ci spoke, rubbing his small belly, thinking about the cooking Dalvin or DeVante must've told him about.

Finishing up the small meet and greets, and taking pictures with some of the fans, you and Jodeci were now headed to their huge tour buses. DeVante had snaked his long arm around your waist, pulling you in close as you walked. Does he not know that you would fuck the shit out of him? As you boarded the tour bus, you couldn't wait to see what was in store for the rest of this tour and you couldn't wait to update your friends and family about everything that transpired. Well not everything, motherfuckers be nosey and don't know how to keep a secret.

Who knew that one phone call would turn into you meeting your favorite band?

whew chile, first and foremost let me just say HEY Y'ALL. I missed you all so much, so much has changed and happened over the years.

I lost my muse for this account, but im slowly getting it back. JODECI was fucking amazing, ugh I had the time of my life at the concert. I saw my man, DeVante, and no im not talking about his dupe. Thank you for everything jodeci, you guys were perfect.

I would've added some sex to this, but I couldn't build it up right. Maybe in a part two. maybe