oo1 , (caged in.)

PRE-MAZE RUNNER

PRE-MAZE RUNNER

◤━━━━━━━━━━━◥

𝘏𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘶𝘱 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘩.

◣━━━━━━━━━━━◢

TW: throwing up in the second paragraph.

The feeling of metal was the first thing Arthur had rendered when he came to. The second was the rushing feeling of being pressured onto the metal by the pressure of being flung upwards.

Then came the overwhelming feeling of vomit built up in the back of his throat as he gagged, the boy's pale face only grew whiter as he threw himself onto his side, aggravating his sore muscles and bruised skin. (When he came to his right mind later he can't quite place where he got them from.) As the boy gagged, the liquid fought up his throat before spewing out leaving him coughing and spluttering with his hair growing steadily more plastered to his forehead. Despite the feeling of everything closing in on him and the constant pressure in the back of his throat that had him gasping for breath, only a few tears escaped him.

Once the pressure had lessened he rolled onto his back and let the rushing air as the box he was in was flung into god knows what. As soon as he slicked his hair back from his forehead the colder breeze rushed through the gaps of metal and cooled him down from where he had heated up.

Suddenly it all came to a halt and it took Arthur a second to process the feeling of everything being still before the roof of the box opened attacking him with such a change in lighting that he shrunk back with a hand over his eyes, cringing at the stinging feeling it gave him.

As soon as he was able to adjust to the sunlight he moved his hand away and looked around only to be greeted with an ambush of colour that contrasted to the monochrome colours he was seeing previously.

Moving up into a sitting position he looked around in the box he was sitting in with a small bit of fear. He was just thrust into this place with a blank mind and an inability to move without a stab of pain.

Minutes passed of just looking up at the sky, his eyes squinted but he was too unsure of the brutal assault of colours to look around yet. Finally, as his resolve broke he looked around and called out.

"Hello?" His voice sounded weird to his ears as he shouted around into the empty space. He didn't want to be alone again, he was alone for too long to be alone again.

He stood up on shaky legs and scratched his head confused. The boxes on the floor had covered half of the space in the cage he was previously lying down in. Arthur picked up one and placed it onto the grass and immediately pulled his hand back. The feeling of the soft blades was so unfamiliar to him that it had left him unnerved. Slowly he reached forward and touched it again and let out a soft laugh the feeling less of a scare yet still no more familiar than before.