oo3 , (trust.)

◤━━━━━━━━━━━◥

𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘸 𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯.

◣━━━━━━━━━━━◢

"Arthur, I got the farm working again." Alby's voice was loud in the empty glade and Arthur let out a laugh before shouting back to him.

"It wasn't before?" Arthur enjoyed it when their conversations happened like this, shouting across the glade. Something so childish it made him grin like a child.

Arthur was lying on the floor a fair bit away from Alby having just been done with running the Maze. His breathing had now calmed and he was just relaxing—something he hadn't done in a while.

He had stopped not running once a week seeing as he wasn't alone anymore. He ran seven days a week and marked down each path he took. He had hardly done anything, every night the maze changed setting his progress back.

His hair had grown in the two months and he had taken to tying the fridge up with the hair bands that were shoved into his pocket so it wouldn't fall into his face in the maze. Right now he had taken it down and it was dusting his forehead as he caught his breath on the floor.

"No- Come look!" His voice carried on the wind but it made Arthur freeze.

"To the Farm? You know I get shit luck with that place." He stumbled upwards and turned slowly to face Alby who wasn't too far away but far enough that Arthur could still run away.

"Arthur, come on." With a loud complaint and swear he trudged his way toward the Farm. His feet seemed to just get bigger with every step and from where he could now see Alby he was sure that Alby could see the frown on his face.

"What?" Arthur groaned out clearly not willing to go closer but whatever it was seemed important and Alby continued to give him a scolding look.

"Arthur just come look." Alby rolled his eyes at the brunette and watched as he took one last step before falling face-first into the dirt with a yell.

"Shit! I fucking told you!" Arthur spat out dirt and Alby stared in disbelief at Arthur before watching him get up with a smile on his lips. It was hard to believe that Arthur had spent an entire month alone in moments like this.

"Come on, get up you shank." Arthur looked at him before scurrying to his feet and staring at him with unblinking eyes. "What?" Alby asked, confused at the look Arthur started giving him as said boy started blinking slowly as he surveyed Alby before raising his eyebrow.