o11 , (stone walls.)

◤━━━━━━━━━━━◥

"𝘎𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘫𝘰𝘣. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧."

◣━━━━━━━━━━━◢

vomiting again. keep it in your stomach arthur. bruising. blood. running. long one again.

"Be careful Artie." Newt eyed the bruise that still lingered furiously on Arthur's jaw, before sliding his eyes up his meet Arthur's who raised a brow at the boy who swiftly kissed Arthur's forehead.

With a chuckle, he picked up Newt's hand giving him a brief kiss. "Of course, I wouldn't leave you alone." The blonde rolled his eyes before glancing at Minho and Alby who watched the two.

"Good luck guys. Be careful." He patted them on the back.

"What? No kiss?" Minho batted his eyelashes at Newt before turning to the doors when they opened, With a swift farewell they departed into the Maze leaving Arthur and Newt. Shrugging Arthur waved to the Blonde with a smile on his face before running into the maze, turning the opposite way as the two.

There were better things Newt could think to be doing that wasn't talking to the questionable Greenie but he needed to get him working. "But why would Alby go into the maze? I mean, he's not a runner." Thomas glanced at the Maze with narrowed eyes before looking back towards Newt who was chopping a tree.

"Things are different now. Alby went to Ben's footsteps at sundown. Are you gonna help?" He sighed impatiently and leant to his axe as Thomas completely ignored him.

"So he's going back to where Ben was just stung-" Newt rolled his eyes for the second time that day and cut the dark-haired boy off from saying anything else. It was bad enough he wasn't helping job-wise.

"Alby knows what he's doing all right? He was taught by the person he knows better than all of us." He paused and looked at the open doors with a look akin to fear. Fear Arthur wouldn't make it out on time. Fear Minho or Alby wouldn't. He could lose his best friends.

"What does that mean?"  Another question.

"Well, it's like you have heard, yeah? Every month, the Box sends up a new arrival. But someone had to be first, right? Someone had to have a whole month in the Glade, alone." He took a breath, spearing a glance at the Greenie was who fully listening. "That was Arthur. He came up and sent an entire month alone and when Alby came up a month after Alby was placed in charge." He bit the inside of his cheek and looked towards the maze doors. He couldn't stop looking, he was nervous.