oo6 , (nerves.)

◤━━━━━━━━━━━◥

◤━━━━━━━━━━━◥

𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘯𝘰𝘪𝘴𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘭𝘦.

◣━━━━━━━━━━━◢

punching. single punch. also guilt.

4 Months Later

Every day, without fail, Arthur would come into the Medhut, sit next to Newt, and talk to him. About his day, tell Newt about himself. Anything to keep his mind busy. 

Newt always listened. With the glade and all of the new arrivals, nobody could fit in a long enough visit to distract Newt from his own mind. That was until Arthur and Minho came in. When he first got ushered to the Medhut through the bleary pain, he could hear the panic emitted from the other two members of the glade as they moved around muttering what sounded an awful lot like Arthur's name but in his daze, he couldn't quite hear it.

As soon as Arthur first visited he knew they were indeed saying his name. The blatant discolouration of the skin and the constant tremors that seemed to make it hard for him to hold anything with his left hand made guilt rock at Newt like nothing else.

Even with the smiling and the rambling that he had grown used to Newt could see the same sorrow that he was sure was blatantly clear in his eyes.

Minho on the other hand was different. He clearly had grown a liking for Newt before the incident and now he just kept that close eye on him, obviously worried. Sometimes joining in on Arthur and Newt's daily talks.

"Frypan has been good though, I don't know if I told you but he took over food duties. Thank god for that because I was horrible at making food. He's the one that makes your food." Arthur nodded his head toward the metal dish full of stew. 

The room lacked Minho's sarcastic presence and at this point, Newt was sure he would make an overdramatic complaint that Arthur would smack him on the back of the head for.

"Yeah, you told me, Artie." He rolled his eyes fondly at the boy who grinned back. "My leg is feeling alright before you ask." 

Newt watched as he raised his eyebrows and bit his lip as he looked at the boy with a fond kind of frustration in his eyes. A look he often displayed around Newt and Minho when they predicted what he was going to say.

"Let me worry about you Blondie, You're one of my best friends." Newt raised an eyebrow at this and turned his head towards the boy properly.