o16 , (comfort.)

◤━━━━━━━━━━━◥

𝘈𝘭𝘣𝘺 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘥. 𝘔𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘈𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘶𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘰𝘰.

◣━━━━━━━━━━━◢

Arthur found himself staring hopelessly at the floor, unable to hold eye contact with Newt. "Don't talk to me as if I was hiding it from you. I wasn't, but how am I supposed to say shit like that to you Blondie?" He ran a hand through his hair visually exhausted. "Jason's a dick but he is hardly worth an argument. I'm sorry Blondie, I will tell you things I promise."

Newt eyed him, cautious of the truthfulness of this claim. "How do I know you will?" Arthur only offered his pinky finger.

"Pinky promise?" Newt looks at Arthur's hand before wrapping his pinky around Arthur's. It was childish. It wasn't reliable and it looked a bit silly but it worked. "I'm sorry Newt, I really am." The two stared at each other, unsure of what to do now. All their years of friendship and experience were put on pause because what the hell do you do in situations like this?

Newt nodded and pulled his pinky out of Arthur's to hold his hand. "I don't want this to happen again any more than you do okay?" At Arthur's nod, Newt tugged the boy into a hug where Arthur held onto him desperately.

This is what they needed. There was no need for them to change when all they needed was to be like how they always were. There for each other.

Newt's arms were wrapped against Arthur's waist, the feeling of the warmth they provided being enough for the two in the cold, bitter air.

Arthur held on, not sure if he could handle being separated as much as he tried to convince himself he would be fine.

"Whatever happens can we agree on something?" Arthur's face was buried in Newt's shoulder and Newt could feel his breathing still by the lack of air on him. The firm grip Arthur had on Newt made him clock that maybe, just maybe, Arthur didn't want to lose him just as much as Newt didn't want to lose Arthur. "Don't be stupid."

Newt chuckled as Arthurs's face moved out from his shoulder and he rested his chin there instead. "Are you able to keep that promise Newt?" There was a hit against his arm in response to the question. "Alright, I agree to this but I hope you know I'm holding you to this."

"I know you will." In their way, the two showed their love.

Arthur wrapped an arm around himself. Perhaps to comfort himself but he couldn't be too sure anymore, not with how Alby was just laying there, such a difference but his usual behaviour. The commanding boy who had always drawn attention with his power was now an empty body, the opposite of what he was formerly.