001. 𝘫𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘪𝘥𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥

Walking through the halls of the palace, Freya sighed as she smoothed out her dress

It wasn't common for her to be summoned by Odin. At least not anymore. Not after what happened in Hel.

Freya started recounting the events of the last few days, trying to think of what she could've done wrong.

Her palms were sweating as she walked up to the throne and dropped down on one knee.

"Allfather" she greeted and ducked her head to bow.

"Freya" Odin said as he stood up and she followed suit. "Do you know what the tesseract is?"

Freya thought to herself for a moment and panicked thinking she had unknowingly broken something important and that's why she was there.

"Um, no. No, I am afraid I have never heard of it" she stuttered.

"As expected. It was created long before your time" he told her as she let out a sigh of relief. "It's a relic of great power. It's whereabouts unknown to most but I will tell you that it lies on Midgard."

"Recently," Odin said. "It has fallen into the hands of someone dangerous. I need you to go to Midgard, retrieve the tesseract, and bring it back to Asgard."

The relief Freya felt instantly vanished.

"Midgard? Me? Why me?" she asked.

"You are the goddess of war, are you not?" Odin said.

"Well, love and war, it is-"

"Then there is your answer. I see no one more suited for this task" Odin said.

"Thor-"

"Thor is busy getting ready to become the king of this realm. I didn't call you here to ask if this was something you wanted to do. As King, I am telling you. If the power held in the tesseract is left in the hands of those unworthy it will mean the end of all life in the nine realms including Asgard. Do I make myself clear?" Odin asked, his voice strong and firm.

"Yes. I will leave right away" Freya said, bowing her head before walking back to her chambers.

As she walked down the halls, her head was spinning. It had been so long since Odin sent her to do anything.

Freya was almost certain he'd seen her as a joke, not capable of living up to her title.

As she walked, Loki appeared out of nowhere, using his illusions to appear invisible against the wall. Seeing him next to her, Freya jumped.

"I thought I told you not to do that" she huffed and she quickened her steps but Loki trailed right beside her.

"I heard you're going to Midgard," he said.

"I am."

"Have you ever been to Midgard?" he asked.

"No."