012. 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

On a ship out in the Indian Ocean, Steve stood with Natasha as they prepared to board a launch ship that had been overrun with pirates who were keeping hostages

"Secure channel seven," Steve said, ensuring his comms device worked.

"Seven secure," Natasha said. "Did you do anything fun Saturday night?"

"Well, all the guys from my barbershop quartet are dead so, no, not really" Steve joked.

"Coming up on the drop zone, Cap," the pilot said as Steve opened the doors.

"Kristen from Statitsics told me you're girlfriend was here" Natasha smirked.

"Freya is not my girlfriend" he huffed.

"Really? Because she visits you all the time. Every time I see you too together you're all cuddled up together. It's quite nauseating" Natasha said.

"We're just friends," Steve said.

"You kiss all your friends?" Natasha asked.

"We haven't kissed," Steve said.

"What? Like ever?" Natasha asked.

Steve ignored her, shaking his head as he secured his helmet and jumped from the plane.

"Was he wearing a parachute?" one of the men asked.

"No" Rumlow laughed, shaking his head. "No, he wasn't."

When Natasha and the rest of the S.T.R.I.K.E. team made their way down, Steve had taken out most of the pirates on the top deck.

"So are you, like, waiting for a special time or what?" Natasha asked him.

Before he could answer, a pirate came flying toward them, landing on his back with a pained groan.

Confused, they all looked up to see Freya walking towards them. She looked just as surprised to see them.

"Freya? What are you doing here?" Steve asked.

"Well, I thought I'd pop in. Say hi. I didn't realize you would be, um...busy" she said.

"How did you know they were the bad guys?" Natasha asked, looking at the group of men lying on the ground behind her.

"Oh. Well, um, I didn't. But to be fair they started shooting at me first" Freya said.

"Well, you came all this way. You should stay and help" Natasha said. "Right, Steve?"

Steve nodded so fast he thought his helmet might come off. "Yes. Yeah, um, if it's not too much trouble" he said.

"No. Um, no trouble at all" Freya said before she glanced behind them at a group of men running toward them. "Are they with you?"

Steve turned as he saw what she was talking about. "No. No, they're not."

"Oh, I got it," Freya said, grabbing her sword as she flew up and came straight back down in the center of the group of pirates, slamming her sword into the deck of the ship, as the wave of energy it created sent them all flying backward.