002. 1943 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘰

Freya had no idea what an expo was

Freya had no idea what an expo was. But whatever it was or was supposed to be, it was the most amazing thing she'd ever seen. There were even exploding lights in the sky.

A 20-foot tall model of Midgard and some type of fast-moving ship was zipping around the entire place.

Between all the people and children running around and the smell of foods she'd never tried in the air, Freya thought it was the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen.

She wondered why Odin didn't send anyone to Midgard more often, especially if their celebrations always looked like this.

"This is amazing. We do not even have parties this big on Asgard. Louder definitely but not nearly as big. Do you do this every day?" she asked.

"Uh, not exactly. This is the first one Howard Stark has ever put together" Steve said.

"Is that your king?" she asked.

"I'm sure he thinks he is" Bucky scoffed.

Hearing a woman call out, the three of them glanced up. "Hey, Bucky!"

"You brought a date?" Steve asked.

"Well I would've brought one for you but I figured you'd be busy taking care of-" Bucky said, gesturing to Freya who had already wandered off, staring at the different exhibits.

Steve sighed as he walked over and tapped her on the shoulder. "You okay?" he asked.

"Yes, I have just...I have never seen anything like this. And I have seen some pretty amazing things" she said.

"It is pretty cool. Stark's kinda known for being a bit eccentric" Steve said as he glanced at Bucky who was standing with his date, waiting for them.

Freya turned to see what Steve was looking at and smiled. "Who's that? She's really pretty" she said.

"Oh, um, Bucky's date. I'm not sure what her name is though I've-"

"Oh! Did you have a date too? I'm so sorry, I can find the recruitment building myself. You have already been so helpful" she said.

"No. No. I, um...I don't have a date. Not that I don't date. I do. I mean not often. Not never" he stuttered. "A normal amount. An average amount of dating."

Freya laughed, barely understanding his rambling but she still thought it was sweet.

An announcer's voice came across the speakers as a large crowd formed at a nearby stage.

"Welcome to the Modern Marvels Pavilion and the World of Tomorrow. A greater world. A better world!"

"I think the show's starting," Steve said, gesturing to the stage.

"Oh, let's go! We shouldn't miss it" Freya said, grabbing Steve's hand and tugging him along. Forgetting her own strength she apologized as Steve nearly tripped over his own feet to keep up with her.