008. 𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘯

"How bad is it?" Fury asked, stepping off the helicopter as he walked up to Agent Coulson

"That's the problem, sir. We don't know" Coulson replied.

Taking the elevator the sublevels of the building. Coulson led Fury and Agent Hill to where they were currently housing the Tesseract and the goddess that came with it.

"Dr.Selvig read an energy surge from the Tesseract four hours ago," Coulson said.

"NASA didn't authorize Selvig to go to test phase" Fury said.

"He wasn't testing it. He wasn't even in the room. Spontaneous event" Coulson said.

"It just turned itself on? Is she waking up?" Hill asked.

"We're not sure," Coulson said.

"Where are the energy levels now?" Fury asked.

"Climbing. When Selvig couldn't shut it down, we ordered evac" Coulson said.

"How long to get everyone out?" Fury asked.

"Campus should be clear in the next half hour," Coulson said.

"Do better" Fury said, sending Coulson to finish clearing the entire compound.

"Sir, evacuation may be futile," Hill said.

"We should tell them to go back to sleep?" Fury asked.

"If we can't control the Tesseract's energy, there may not be a minimum safe distance. And if this has anything to do with her perhaps we should call in the Captain" Fury said.

"No.Right now that would only complicate things. I need you to make sure the Phase 2 prototypes are shipped out" Fury said.

"Sir, is that really a priority right now?" Hill asked.

"Until such time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on. Clear out the tech below. Every piece of Phase 2 on a truck and gone" Fury said.

"Yes, sir" Hill nodded as she walked off.

Fury walked into the room housing the Tesseract and looked at the glowing blue coffin-like cage. "Talk to me, Doctor."

"Director" Selvig created, as he looked at a computer monitoring the goddesses' vitals.

"Is there anything we know for certain?" Fury asked.

"The Tesseract is misbehaving. The girl's vitals are normal" Selvig said.

"I assume you pulled the plug," Fury said.

"She's an energy source. We turn off the power, she turns it back on. If she reached peak level-"

"We prepared for this, Doctor. Harnessing energy from space" Fury said.