009. 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘷𝘪𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯

After capturing Loki and running into his brother Thor, Steve tried to piece together what happened to Freya while Fury got Loki situated in his cell

"The last thing I remember was her jumping off a train to try and see my friend. This was ripped from her before I could save her" Steve said, holding the familiar cloak in his hands.

"Our people think she is dead. But a fall like that would not have killed her" Thor said.

Natasha handed them over her file. "According to this, she was taken by HYDRA. They used the Tesseract to build the coffin they kept her in. Kept her from waking up."

"And now she is under Loki's control. He wishes to be King, with Freya ruling at his side" Thor said.

"What do you mean?" Steve asked.

"He is in love with her. He always has been" Thor said.

"He's using the scepter to control her mind. Make her do things she would never want to do. That isn't love" Steve said.

"Her sword," Thor said. "Where is it?"

"I don't think S.H.I.E.L.D. ever found it," Steve said.

"Hey, guys. He's on" Banner said, gesturing to the monitors showing Loki trapped in the cage that was meant for the Hulk.

"It's 30,000 feet straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works? Ant" Fury said gesturing to Loki. "Boot," he said, looking back to the control panel for the cell.

Loki laughed as he looked at Fury. "It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me."

"Built for something a lot stronger than you," Fury said.

"Oh, I've heard," Loki said, looking into the camera. "A mindless beast. Makes play he's still a man."

Everyone glanced toward Banner who shifted uncomfortably.

"How desperate are you, that you call on such lost creatures to defend you?" Loki asked.

"How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace, and you kill because it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did" Fury said.

"Ooh," Loki taunted. "It burns you to have to come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share. And then to be reminded what real power is."

Fury smirked as he turned to walk away. "Well, let me know if real power wants a magazine or something."

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

After hearing from Tony and Banner that Fury might be hiding something Steve took a look around the ship and found something that unfortunately proved that Tony was right.