007. 𝘨𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘦𝘯 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘴𝘦

"All you gotta do is walk over there, smile, apologize, and say she looks pretty," Bucky said

"Just say she looks pretty? That's it?" Steve asked.

"Yeah. I mean what's the worse she could do?" Bucky asked.

"Try and stab me with her sword again," Steve told him. Bucky paused as he thought it over.

"Okay, yeah. I guess that is a possibility" he shrugged.

"I thought you were supposed to be good at stuff like this" Steve sighed.

"I am! But that's with normal girls. Not freaking goddess space alien wonder woman over there" Bucky exclaimed.

Steve sighed as he looked over at Freya, sitting under another tent and talking to Agent Carter. He hadn't talked to her since the other day when she caught him kissing the secretary.

"Look, you're Captain America now. You've officially turned into every woman's dream guy. Isn't that how you got into this mess in the first place?" Bucky asked.

"I have no idea how I got into this mess. I don't even know how to properly talk to women on this planet. I'm being thrown into the deep end before I even learned to swim" Steve told him.

Bucky couldn't help but laugh at his friend's situation. "I think you're just thinking about it too hard. You've managed to talk to her before."

"Before she wasn't mad at me," Steve said.

"I don't think she's mad. She just obviously likes you and saw you kissing someone else. Just explain that that girl came onto you. Tell her how you feel" Bucky said.

"Tell her how I feel, right. I can do that" Steve mumbled.

"Yeah, you can. You're Captain America. Star Spangled Man with a Plan. This'll be a walk in the park for you" Bucky said.

"Yeah. A walk in the park. I can do this" Steve said as he stood up and started walking over. "Just tell her how I feel. Super easy."

But when he walked up to Freya and Agent Carter, his brain went completely blank. And instead of saying anything he just stood there, awkwardly opening and closing his mouth as he tried to think of what to say.

"Um, you know I think I hear Colonel Philips calling me," Agent Carter said as she quickly walked away.

"I have to go too," Freya said about to leave when Steve called her back.

"Wait, I...I wanted to tell you. I'm Captain America" he said, and could practically hear Bucky and the entire universe laughing at him.

Freya stood there confused thinking this was some sort of weird Midgardian custom of reintroducing yourself.

"Um-"

"I mean, you know that. I know you know that. I just mean..." Steve sighed as he tried to gather his thoughts. "I'm Captain America. But I don't always feel that way. Especially not with you. I still feel like that skinny kid from Brooklyn too scared to ask a woman to dance."