011. 𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘶𝘴

"Guys, the bank on 42nd past Madison

"Guys, the bank on 42nd past Madison. They've cornered a lot of civilians in there" Barton said.

"We're on it," Steve said as he and Freya took off in that direction.

Running in through the window, they found three Chitari soldiers, holding up their weapons at a mass of people. One of them with an active bomb.

While Steve through his shield at one, Freya used her sword to take out another. Using a nearby desk, Steve tossed it as one, effectively cutting it in half.

"Everyone! Clear out!" he shouted out to the ground.

Freya shouted as one appeared behind her, wrapping its arm around her neck. With a painful groan, she reached out her hand as her sword came flying back to her and she jammed it into the Chitari's head before kicking it to the ground.

Seeing one of them with the bomb, Steve grabbed Freya and held up his shield as the bomb was tossed at them, sending them both flying out the window and landing painfully on top of a car.

"Ow," Freya groaned as they pushed themselves up. "Are you okay?"

"Ask me tomorrow" Steve groaned as he stood up. Freya looked around at the destruction. The rubble, broken cars, and glass littered the ground as emergency personnel helped civilians get out of the way.

"I'm gonna need some help getting through this shell," Tony said. Steve and Freya looked up seeing another one of the creatures flying toward them.

"I got it," Freya said, determined to put an end to this.

"What's your plan?" Steve asked.

"Kill it," she said.

Steve shrugged. "Guess that sounds like a good plan. Are you sure about this?"

"Um, yes. I think" Freya said, twirling her sword in her hand. "Think you can give me a lift?"

Steve nodded, kneeling on his knee as he held out his shield. Freya took a deep breath before she looked up at the creature.

Stepping back so she could get a running start, Freya ran forward, jumping off Steve's shield as she launched herself toward the creature.

With her sword held out in front of her, she pummeled straight through it, tearing it apart from the inside.

She let out a whistle, signaling for her cloak to come to her as she was about to come out through the other side. Keeping her aim straight, she split down the middle of the creature, exiting it in a large explosion.

Plummeting toward the ground, she felt her cloak wrap itself around her neck just in time for her to land safely on the ground, her sword sparking as it dragged across the asphalt.

With a smirk she stood up, staring at the dead creature laid out in front of her. Now able to fly again, she got up into the air before spotting Steve and Thor fighting off a group a few feet in front of her.