Chapter 3

September 2022; Woodsboro Hospital, Before The Party

"Is that her?" Sidney asked Gale as we sat at the hospital.

After getting the call about Dewey, Sidney called me as well, and informed me of everything. About the killings, about my daughter. Everything.

I look in the direction they were, and saw her. Samantha. My pulse raced quickly, as I haven't seen her since she was an infant. I cried for months after giving her to my cousin, but I had just turned seventeen when I had her, I couldn't do it. Especially knowing it was Billy's.

I had always wanted kids of my own, just never in that way. I wanted to be married, stable, and have a husband that loved me. Not as a teenager accidentally knocked up by a psychopath.

Since then, I haven't even tried to move on. Billy shattered my heart when he admitted to being the killer. Even moreso when he found out about the baby. I'm just lucky he didn't gut me after finding out.

"Yeah." Gale and I spoke simultaneously. The two looked at me and sighed, knowing what must've been going through my mind.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Sidney whispered to me as we stood.

"Absolutely." We walked over to Samantha as she went to exit the building.

"Samantha?" She stopped in her tracks and looked to the three of us, unsure of who I was.

"Sam." She stated.

"I'm-"

"I know who you are. Listen-"

"You're Billy's daughter?" I nearly whispered. She gave me a strange look, nodded, then looked back to Sidney.

"Yeah, I'm his daughter. I'm sorry if that's weird for you." She sighed.

Sidney was far from thrilled when she found out about Billy and I, but she was more worried about keeping her and I alive that night rather than him and I. Her love for him disappeared the second he shot Randy. Mine didn't.

Poor Randy, he'd be having a field day with this.

"No, it's," she paused, "I know you're not looking for my advice, but I've been through this. A lot. If you want to talk-"

"I don't. I appreciate it, and I'm really sorry about Dewey, but I'm getting my sister away from all of this." She cut Sid off, leaving the hospital.

"I tried that too, but it follows you. If you run from it, it always follows you." She was trying to convince Samantha to stop, but she was just as hard-headed as I am.

"All due respect, that's your life, not mine." Samantha responded as she walked away.

"I wish that were true, but-"

"What do you want from me, lady?" Annoyance filled my daughter's eyes as she spun quickly to look at the three of us.

"Hey, watch your tone, new girl." Gale shouted as she followed quickly behind us. "You know how they say it always goes back to the originals? These are the originals!"

Sam stopped, quickly looking at me. She studied my face in shock, finally realizing who I was.

"Hello, Samantha." I barely squeaked out. In that moment, I felt like the shy teenager I used to be.

"You- You're-"

"We need your help." Sidney butted in. "Because you're wrong, it is your life now, which means whoever this is, is going to keep coming for you."

"So?" She questioned.

"So we want you to help us kill him." I dead-panned.

"You want me to help the final girl, the mother who gave me up, and the host of a morning show to help you commit murder?"

"Correct."

"Absolutely."

"Yes."

The three of us spoke at the same time, which would've made me laugh in any other circumstance.

"And what am I in this scenario? The bait? The helpless victim?" She questioned angrily.

"If the shoe fits-"

"You're far from helpless, Sam." I cut gale off.

"He killed your friend, he killed ours, and I have kids, which means I won't sleep until he's in the ground." Sidney added.

"Look, I'm sorry about what this has done to your lives. But whatever you, or the killer, or anyone says, this isn't my story." She shook her head and walked off to the car.

"Sam?" Sid called out.

"No! We're leaving. It's the only way I can protect Tara." She stared at the three of us.

"'Kay, good luck." Sidney sighed. Gale looked over to me, shocked that we were just letting her go.

"Please stay safe." I added in, trying to hold the tears back.

"You too." She then hopped in the car, and Richie drove off.

"Well that went fucking horribly." Gale grumbled, looking to Sid.

"Don't worry, I have a plan. She seems really tough." She was looking down at her phone, and that's when I noticed what she did.

"You put a tracker on the car?" I smirked.

"I put a tracker on the car. It seemed like something Gale Weathers would do." Gale smiled as she heard that, then we ventured off to our own vehicle.

"I'll take that as a compliment." The woman chuckled.

Gale got in the driver's seat and started the car, while Sidney got in next to Gale, and I hopped in the backseat. As she drove off, I looked at my reflection in the window, seeing him again. Like always.

No pills the doctor's gave could stop him from appearing.

"Our daughter's a lot like you, Y/N." He smiled. God, I missed that smile. "You know what you have to do, right?"

I nodded my head and sighed, almost wishing he were here to help.

"If I hadn't written that book about your mother, none of this would've happened." Gale spoke up. I kept eye contact with Billy's reflection.

"Gale." Sidney sighed.

"I started all of this." She shook her head as she drove.

"No, you didn't. Billy Loomis started all of this-"

"Not even him," I paused, getting their attention, "I'm not defending his actions one bit, but it was fucking Nancy that started this shit. If she would've just been a god damn adult about the divorce instead of leaving him behind, it wouldn't have happened. Sid, you know I'm right. You remember how Billy was before she bailed. It's her fucking fault."

My outburst surprised all of them, including Billy, whose spirit stared at me in disbelief. I hated when everyone put all the blame on him, even to this day.

But then, thinking about it, I sort of did the same thing to Sam. I thought she'd have a better life with two parents, but when she found out and her adopted dad left, that went to shit.

"Now it's time to end this." I growled as I played with the opal charm that hung from a chain around my neck.

No more Ghostface after tonight.