Chapter 13

September 26th, 1996; The Macher House

"Y/N! Y/N, wake up!" I heard as my brother shook me awake.

"What do you want?" I groaned.

"Sidney was attacked and Billy's in jail, we gotta get to the station." I sat up a bit too quickly and got dizzy. He steadied me before helping me stand.

"Why is Billy in jail?!" I asked, quickly slipping sweatpants over my pajama shorts.

"Sidney thinks he's the killer, I guess." He rolled his eyes, then began to leave the room.

"Why the fuck would she think that?" I quickly grabbed a hoodie then followed after Stu.

"Because apparently when she was attacked, he climbed through her window like two seconds after the killer left. His cell phone fell out of his pocket and she freaked out." He explained as we reached out to the car.

"Literally everyone fucking has one these days, how stupid is she?"

If only I knew then.

"Clearly, very. But once his phone bill comes back clear, he'll be released. But he's requested to see you." Stu sped the entire way to the police station, not giving a single fuck about the speed limit.

When we arrived, we raced inside. I saw Sidney and Tatum sitting in a separate section, while Billy was sat in the sheriff's office.

"Are you Y/N Macher?" An officer asked.

"Yes, that's me." I replied. He nodded, then guided me back to the room Billy was sat in.

"Hank, why don't you leave the two to chat." The sheriff quickly escorted his father out of the room, leaving just the two of us.

"I didn't do it, Y/N. I didn't." Billy said with watery eyes.

"I know, baby, I know." I held him in a tight embrace, letting to sob quietly into my shoulder.

"I was so worried you'd believe her. I can't lose you." He whimpered.

"You're not gonna lose us, okay? Never." I reassured him. Once he calmed down, I wiped the tears from his face. I so badly wanted to kiss him, but I knew the girls were watching.

I knew they must've loved seeing me take his side.

"They're keeping me here tonight, so I won't be able to come by." He whispered.

"I know, baby," I paused as the officers came in the room to take him away, "I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"I love you." He mouthed.

"I love you too." I mouthed back. Watching them take him away as he begged Sidney to believe him made me tear up. Billy is many things, but he's not a killer.

I got up and walked out of the station while glaring at Sidney and Tatum. As I walked to Stu's car with my hood up, I started thinking.

Why did the killer leave me alive? Why did he freeze up when I said I was pregnant? And if these killings are happening again, it's obvious Cotton didn't kill Maureen. So who is it? Is it Billy? Stu? Randy?

Oh god, that means someone else out there knows my secret.

"Stu," I sucked in air as I got in the car, "Whoever this killer is, he knows my secret. He could out it very easily."

"We need to at least tell mom and dad before it gets out there. They need to hear from you." He frowned, knowing that I was right.

"That'll be hard to do considering they're never home." I rolled my eyes. It was basically just Stu and I all the time. For fuck's sake, they were gonna miss his birthday!

"We can't really tell our group either. Unless we leave out the Billy part." He was right.

"I'd have to talk to Billy about that. That'd really fuck Sid up though." I laughed. "Dumb bitch."

The rest of the ride was silent, as we were both deep in thought.

"Are you staying home tomorrow?" My brother asked as we walked into the house.

"Probably. It'll help the 'I'm just sick' thing look more realistic. Would you mind grabbing my missed work?"

"Not at all." He smiled. "Go get some sleep, my niece or nephew needs a rested mommy."

"Can I ask you something first?" As we walked up the stairs, he gave a small him in response. I stopped him once we reached the top.

"What is it?"

"What do you think is gonna happen? School wise, friend wise, family wise. We're still so young. What if he bails on us? I can't do this on my own." Tears began to silently roll down my face as I spoke. Stu pulled me into one of his famous hugs to calm me down.

"If need be, homeschool is an option. Friends and family can fuck off if they don't like it. But, I know for a fact that Billy will not leave you two. Especially after his mom ditched him. He's going to make sure he or she has both parents. One way or another."

His words were exactly what I needed to hear, so after nodding, I pulled away and walked to my room.

I laid in bed for hours, thinking of what to do. Homeschool is definitely a must, so I'll have to look into that. I'll tell everyone once the time is right. I would need Billy's input on that one. With my parents' help, we could manage to get our own place. He graduates this year, so I could continue to do homeschooling and take care of her while he works. Then after I graduate, I could get out there too. Everything depends on time, and on the baby.

Things wouldn't go the way I planned them though.