Chapter 14

September 27th, 1996; The Macher House

"We're home!" Stu shouted. It was extremely early, so I was confused as to why they were already home from school.

I ran down the stairs into Billy's arms as I saw him. He was free, and innocent.

"Why are you out already?" I asked the two.

"Sid was attacked at school, so it's cancelled until further notice." Stu answered happily.

"Are you okay?" Billy looked down at me.

"I'm good, minus the morning sickness." I chuckled. "How was jail?"

"Boring. I had a lot of time to think though." He smirked.

"About what?" Something seemed off with him. He seemed happier than he should, given the circumstances.

"Stu, can you give us a second." He never took my eyes off mine, not even when Stu was pouting. Once he was gone, Billy directed me to the couch, where we both sat.

"First things first, we'll find our own place to live. Just us three. No parents, minus us. We'll have our own happy little family." He grinned widely. "I'm gonna break things off with Sid tonight at the party. Stu's gonna send her and I upstairs to talk, and that's when I'll do it."

"After that's over with, we can start telling the people closest to us. If you want to continue going to school, that's up to you. If you want to homeschool instead, I'll do it with you. I won't let you be alone in any of this. And I won't let the baby be alone, either. The little bean will always have both of us."

He got off the couch and crouched down in front of me, fumbling with something I couldn't see.

"And the last thing," he said nervously, "I want you to have this. It was my mother's that she left."

He held out a beautiful silver ring with a giant oval diamond in the center of it, red stone flowers kept the diamond in the center. It was beautiful.

"I want you to be mine, forever and always. If your parents agree to it, marry me as soon as they say yes. If they don't, once you're eighteen, I'd love nothing more than to be yours forever." He slid the finger on my delicate finger. It fit perfectly. "What do you say?"

"Abso-fucking-lutely!" I cried. He grabbed my face and kissed me passionately.

"Yay, I'm finally going to have a brother!" Stu cheered as he stuffed his face full of chips.

"Way to ruin the moment." I chuckled as I rolled my eyes.

I was admiring the diamond as the phone began to ring. Stu picked it up, then handed it to me.

"It's Tiff." He informed me as he continued chewing.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Hey! Once curfew hits, do you wanna come spend the night? I can take you back with me from the party."

"That actually sounds wonderful. I could use a girl's night."

"Sounds good to me! I'll see you at the party."

"See ya." I hung the phone up, then set it on the end table.

Earlier that day; Stu POV

"Tiff!" I called out, seeing the tall girl not too far from me. She turned at the sound of her name being called and smiled at me.

"What's up?" She asked as I neares her.

"Can you do me a huge favor?" She looked suspicious as I asked.

"Depends." She replied, giving me a weird look.

"Can you see if Y/N wants to hang out tonight? Just take her home with you once curfew hits. She really needs some girl time. With everything going on lately, she's been stressed." I explained.

"Yeah, totally! I'll call her up later!

Back to Y/N POV

"I should probably go get ready for this shit. Wanna help me shower?" I smirked at my.. fiance? Boyfriend? Whatever he is to me now.

"Of course." He swept me off my feet and carried me up to the bathroom. We both stripped out of our clothes, then hopped in.

As the warm water hit us, he wrapped his arms around me and rested them on my slightly bloated abdomen. I read up that the first month or so is just bloating, but there is definitely a difference already.

"I wonder who she's gonna look like." He murmured.

"She?" My eyebrows raised at his assumption.

"Just a feeling, I suppose." He shrugged, chuckling. "I like the name Samantha."

"Never thought you'd be naming our baby, but I'm not opposed to it. Samantha does sound pretty." He kissed my cheek softly, then began to wash and condition my hair, like usual. He's definitely been more gentle with me since he found out.

When we were finished, we wrapped towels around ourselves and walked back to my bedroom where we got dressed.

"Why don't we skip the first half of the party and go to dinner? Just us. I don't think we've ever been on an actual date." He suggested.

"I'm perfectly fine with that." I smiled.

I slipped on a thigh-length black dress that flowed out above my waist, then did my makeup. Billy was already downstairs waiting for me as I made some final touches to the outfit.

"You ready?" He asked as I walked down the stairs.

"Absolutely!" I waved goodbye to my brother, then got into Billy's car.

"So, what do you feel like? Craving anything?" God, he's so considerate.

"Honestly? I'm really craving egg rolls." My answer seemed to surprise him

"You hate egg rolls!" He laughed.

"Well, I guess Samantha is like you." I shrugged, giggling at the man.

We reached the Chinese joint across from the grocery store pretty quickly. The two of us got out and walked inside laughing, but didn't realize the glares that were getting thrown our way from two girls I called friends.

We were sat at a booth, joking around and eating, until Tatum walked in.

"What is going on between you two?" She asked.

"We're not allowed to get Chinese?" I rolled my eyes as I bit into my egg roll.

"You hate egg rolls." She pointed out. I shrugged and continued to stuff my face.

"Stu said you don't want me at the party and Y/N's been cooped up in the house for almost two days. I'm allowed to be around women that aren't Sidney, yanno?" His little rant made me giggle, which earned an annoyed glance from Tate.

"And what about at the station? Calling her in, crying as she held you, et cetera et cetera."

"I'm allowed to comfort my best friend when he's been accused of murder by his own girlfriend." I glared at her. Just calling Sidney that made me angry.

"If you say so," she sighed, "Look, just stay away from Sid right now. Both of you."

"Whatever." I brushed her words off and went back to eating.

"Seriously, you've just had like five of those, what is going on with you?" She looked extremely suspicious now, but I didn't care anymore.

"Maybe my taste buds changed, who knows." My answer didn't seem to please her much. She scoffed and quickly left the restaurant.

"Bitch." I mumbled. Billy burst out laughing at the entire situation. They were both so clueless as to what was really happening.

Then again, so was I.