Chapter 16

January 1st, 1997; The Prescott House

Randy, Sidney, Tiff, and I all gathered together to watch the ball drop. I was left alone in my thoughts as they cheered.

Our first kiss was on New Years.

"You okay?" I heard Sid ask as Tiff and Randy made out.

"Not really, no." I sighed.

She knew I was having a rough time. My parents gave me money for my own house, then kicked me out. They wanted to sell the place and move, I wanted to stay in Woodsboro. They were already pissed enough about my situation, so I guess they didn't care.

Until I could find somewhere away from everyone, I was staying with Sidney. She quickly came to terms with the situation, and was no longer mad at me for the betrayal. She was more concerned than anything.

Once the truth came out about my brother, I decided homeschooling would be the best option. I didn't need everyone questioning me. I wanted to be alone.

I already informed everyone of my decision. I'd be giving my baby up to my cousin Christina, and her now-fiance. I can't take care of her alone.

Yes, her. Samantha.

It was a hard decision to make because I love her so much, but I know she'd have a better life with two parents that weren't a part of this. I made them promise me to never inform her about the adoption either. Only to call me if something is majorly wrong. I don't want to ruin her life.

"Anything we can do?" Tiff and Randy sat beside me. I was lucky to have the three of them, but it wasn't the same.

I kept thinking back to that day. The shower together where he named her, our Chinese date before the party, the way he looked at me as if I were the most important thing on the planet.

Now he's gone. But I still see him everywhere.

He told me he'd be here, always. And he was. It scared me at first, because I thought he somehow lived. I'm not sure if he's a ghost or just my imagination, but he's always here.

There was no funeral for either of them, so I grieved on my own. I'm the only one that misses them; everyone else was glad they were gone.

"I think I'm gonna go to bed. Night, guys." I stood up and hobbled my way to the bedroom that was now designated as mine.

Four months until I give birth. Four months until I can leave and never be seen again.

The thought of giving her up hurts me every time. It kills me. But I just-

"You're doing the right thing." He spoke from behind me.

"Am I? She's my baby and I'm just giving her away." Tears started pouring down my face again.

"You're giving her a chance at a better life. You wouldn't be able to do it on your own, especially away from any and all publicity. This is for the best." He came closer to me and sighed.

"I wish you were here." I whispered. "I've never felt so alone in my life. Nothing feels right anymore."

"Even after what I did? Really?" He seemed unbelievably confused.

"Even then, yes. You promised me you wouldn't leave me alone in all this. You may be here in some form, but you're not really here. If you were, I wouldn't have to give her up."

Sidney POV

"Is she talking to fake Billy again?" Randy asks me.

"Can it, Randy. She's going through a lot." Tiff backhanded the boy's chest.

"I can't even imagine how she must feel right now." I sighed.

I may have been through a lot between my mother dying and getting attacked, but she's going through worse. She pregnant with her dead man's child. She just turned seventeen. Her parents threw her out. She's giving up the baby she loves so much.

The only two people that ever made her truly happy were dead.

I felt bad for her, not them. She cried for days when she made her decision. She still cries about it. There's nothing I can do to change her mind though. We've all offered to help take care of the little one, but she said she doesn't want any of us to be around her. She wants Samantha to be massacre-survivor-free.

I just wish things were different.