Chapter 8

October 31st, 1995; The Macher House

I was dressed in a black velvet dress, fishnet stockings, and black boots as I added the finishing touches to my dark makeup. It was finally here; I was finally sixteen.

Sixteen wasn't really a big deal in my opinion, eighteen was the lucky number, but everyone else had a giant party on theirs.

I looked at my scarred hands and sighed. My parents replaced the broken objects and hired someone to clean the mess, but I had been grounded for a week after that.

They didn't care about my well-being, only that I'd broken what they'd bought me.

"I have something for you." Billy spoke from behind me, startling me for a moment. He walked closer with a necklace in his hand. He placed the silver chain around my neck and fumbled with the clasp until it finally latched together.

I stared at it in the mirror. A large, beautiful opal sat in the center of the stones around it. It was absolutely gorgeous.

"Look at the back." He instructed as he placed his hands on my hips. I did as he said and turned the charm around. Our initials were engraved in the metal plate the stones sat in.

"It's beautiful." I whispered in awe. He wrapped his arms around me from behind, then places a gentle kiss upon my cheek.

"Just like you." I turned around and kissed him slowly, careful not to ruin my makeup. "Now, let's go party."

He left the room first, telling everyone he was just checking up on me, which they all bought. Minus Stu. I soon followed down the stairs and smiled at the friends below.

Stu, Tatum, Billy, Sidney, Randy, Tiff, and even Casey and Steve all turned to look at me.

"Happy Birthday!" They all yelled.

Soon after, dozens of people arrived, just like any other party we've ever thrown. People made sure to wish me a happy birthday any time they passed me, which made me smile.

"And what would my darling little sister like to drink?" Stu asked from the makeshift bar.

"Something strong." I replied with sadness in my eyes. He knew why. We've talked about it so many times. He's held me while I've cried, calmed me down before I could destroy more stuff, would just sit and listen to me rant about it; so he knew.

I fidgeted with the opal around my neck as he mixed a bunch of shit together. The plan was to get absolutely hammered tonight.

"Find me if you need me, okay?" He whispered as he handed me my drink. I nodded, then chugged the odd mixture until it was gone. After throwing the cup away, I made my way to a separate table where people were doing shots.

Fuck yeah.

"My turn." I walked up to the table where multiple disposable shot glasses were lined up. I could feel Billy watching from afar, but I didn't care. A boy from my English class, Brent, stood on the other side of the table.

"Whoever downs these seven shots the fastest is the winner. There's no prize, just bragging rights." Another boy said, standing at the head of the table. "And, go!"

One by one, I picked up and gulped each shot of vodka down like it was nothing. I was done with all seven before Brent even finished his fourth.

"And the birthday girl is the winner!" Everyone around the table cheered as I smirked, feeling victorious.

I quickly left the table, but Brent soon followed.

"That was impressive." He smiled at me. He's tried flirting with me before, but it never worked. He's not Billy.

"Thanks." I replied before trying to walk away again. I felt his hand grip tightly around my wrist, pulling me backwards.

"Why don't you let me giving you your birthday spankings?" He said, darkly. I tried to free myself from his grip, but he wasn't having it.

Billy noticed this.

As the boy tried dragging me away, a fist swiftly collided with his face, knocking him down to the ground.

Over and over again, Billy beat the boy. I should've stopped him, any normal girl would, but I was enjoying it way too much.

"Billy, stop!" Sidney yelled as she rushed over, pulling him off of the now bruised kid.

Buzzkill.

"Out of my house, now." Stu demanded. When Stu was serious, he was terrifying, but not many people saw that side of him. Brent quickly stood, then scurried out the door.

"You okay?" The two boys asked simultaneously.

"I'm fine." I sighed, rubbing my sore wrist. "I need another drink."

After another shot and two beers, I was absolutely wasted. I've drank before, but I've never been this bad. My vision was blurry, everything seemed hilarious, but I could also feel the anger inside me wanting to come out every time I saw Billy and Sid together.

Stu noticed my drunken state and ushered me up the stairs before I could say something I'd regret.

"W-Why'd ya stop me?" I slurred.

"Because I saw the expression on your face and I dont need you admitting what's going on." He grumbled as he took my shoes off me.

"Fine." I poured. After I laid in bed, he covered me up, then left.

Sleep took over quickly, but nightmares plagued me.

"Billy? Billy? Where are you?" I continuously called out as I walked down the hallway of what seemed to be a hospital.

"Billy's gonna, Y/N, remember?" My cousin sighed as she caught up to me.

"No he's not, I just saw him." I shook my head.

"Once you have the baby, we can get you on meds for this, okay? You just gotta get her moving." She rubbed my back. Pain shot throughout my body for what felt like forever, but then faded away.

"Let's get you back to your room, okay?"

As I walked back, the hallway got narrower and narrower. At the end of it, was the front door to my home.

I raced towards it, but it shut just after Randy was let in. I listened from the outside as I heard Billy speak.

"We all go a little mad sometimes." I jumped as gunshots rang out, and bolted down the street. The farther I went, the darker it got.

I was now surrounded by trees outside a large cabin. I could hear the sounds of water flowing and birds chirping. It was oddly peaceful.

I walked into the cabin and looked into the mirror right inside the foyer. My face had aged. I wasn't old, but I was no longer a teenager. I smiled as I saw the opal necklace hanging from my neck.

"You still look as beautiful as ever." Billy's voice rang out. I turned to see him, looking about the same age as me, but covered in blood.

I ran out if the house and into the dark forest.

I ended up back at the front door of my cousin's house. Her and her husband were playing with a little girl, around the age of six, while Christina held a baby in her arms. They looked so happy.

I turned to leave, and saw him again.

"She's perfect."

I bolted upwards and squinted as the sun peaked through my window. My head was throbbing from the alcohol, but my thoughts were only on one thing.

That dream.