Chapter 4

December 31st, 1994-January 1st, 1995; The Macher House

They year was coming to a close as our friends and I sat around in party hats. I, the youngest, had just turned fifteen on Halloween. Everyone else had already hit sixteen, but that didn't change their views of me.

"Casey, will you be my New Year's kiss?" Stu asked, wiggling his eyebrows. I knew he liked her, and he made it so obvious.

"We'll see." She smiled sweetly. She was always such a kind girl, maybe she'd be good for him.

"Sid, will you be my New Year's kiss?" Tatum joked, mocking Stu.

"We'll see." Sidney giggled. Randy was too invested in the movie to hear any of us speaking.

"Guys, it's almost midnight! Change the channel so we can watch the ball drop!" Casey grabbed the remote and quickly changed it, causing Randy to glare at her. Billy stood next to me as we all counted down.

"Ten"

"Nine"

"Eight"

"Seven"

"Six"

"Five"

"Four"

"Three"

"Two"

"One"

"Happy New Year!" We all screamed. Casey and Stu did in fact kiss. Tatum and Sidney gave each other cheek kisses. Randy kissed his bottle of beer. Which left Billy and I.

I felt eyes watching me and quickly looked over to him. He smiled lightly, almost as if asking for permission. I nodded and shook nervously as he leaned in and lightly pressed his lips against mine. It was my first kiss, and he knew this.

Unbeknownst to me, he had been planning this. He didn't want anyone else to be my first kiss. He was just looking for an opportunity.

Our friends around us smiled as we pulled away from each other. My cheeks must've been bright fucking red at that moment with how warm they felt. I just kissed my best friend. The boy I've had a crush on for years. I knew it wouldn't change things between us, but it still made me unbelievably happy.

"Can we go back to the movie now?" Randy complained.

I couldn't focus on the movie, or anything else. My body still felt like it was on fire as I sat next to the boy.

How did he feel about me? Was this just so we weren't left out? Or was it more?

Before I knew it, I had drifted off to sleep on Billy's shoulder.

Billy POV

I looked down at the sleeping girl and smiled to myself. You were always so beautiful, but you were also always my best friend. I couldn't ruin that. I'd have to wait until I was sure you felt the same.

But that kiss.. that kiss made me feel something I've never felt before. It felt like lightening. Sure, I've kissed girls before.. But it was never anything like this.

It just felt right.

Once everyone started announcing they were going to bed, I decided to carry you up to your room. You just looked too peaceful to wake up.

I wrapped my arm under your shoulders first, then my other under your legs, and easily lifted you up. Light as a feather in my arms.

"Taking her to bed?" Stu asked.

"No, I'm taking her to Canada." I replied sarcastically. "Yes, I'm taking her to bed."

"Don't hit her head off anything!" He called from behind as I walked away.

Carefully, I walked up the stairs with you in my arms, then to your bedroom. Thankfully, the door had been left open, so I was able to set you gently on the bed without waking you.

"Stay." You mumbled in your half-asleep state. I've slept in here before whenever you were going through something, but usually on the floor. You clearly didn't want that right now.

I sat down on the bed as you scooted over a little. Once the covers were pulled over both of us, you laid your head on my chest and went back to sleep. My breath hitched as the intimacy of the moment hit me. I've always wanted this, but was this purely platonic on your end?

I didn't fall asleep for another two hours as I replayed the kiss over and over.

Y/N POV

I awoke in my bed, Billy snoring lightly beside me. I very vaguely remembered asking him to stay, but never realized he actually would; at least not in my bed. I wasn't complaining though.

I stared at his sweet face for what felt like hours. I memorized every little feature of his, how perfect everything looked. He was angelic, even as he snored.

I didn't dare move. Waking him would be a crime against humanity.

"Wakey Wakey, it's snowing for once!" Stu yelled from the hallway, waking Billy.

"Snow?" He grinned, which surprised me. He hated being woken up.

The two of us jumped up and threw on warm clothes, then ran outside with the rest of our friends. It never snowed in Woodsboro.

I looked up to the sky and closed my eyes, letting the snow fall on my now-cold cheeks. The world around me didn't exist. It was just me and mother nature doing her work. I was so focused on the flakes gently tapping my cheeks that I didn't even notice the boy admiring me from a few feet over.

Nor did I notice my idiot brother making a snowball.

"Ow, fuck!" I yelled as the hard snow hit me right in the nose, causing it to bleed.

Something about the dark red blood staining the pure white snow looked so beautiful.

"Shit, are you okay?" Billy trudged through the snow to me.

"I'm fine, go beat Stu up for me." I smirked. He grinned darkly, then began to pack his own ball of snow as Stu walked over to apologize.

"Y/N, I'm so-"

He was cut off by snow hitting him from all around. Apparently, everyone had the same idea, and decided to pelt Stu all at once. He screeched and ran, not liking everyone ganging up on him.

"You guys are rude as fuck, man!" He yelled.

"Let's go get you cleaned up." Billy told me as we all laughed at my brother. I nodded and followed him to our large house.

After stripping out of the wet outer clothes, he guided me towards my rather large bathroom. I watched as he grabbed a wash cloth from the cupboard, and waited patiently as he ran it under warm water.

"Slap me if I hurt you." He made me promise him before he began to wipe away the blood. It didn't hurt, but I took the time to observe him like I had earlier.

He was so kind and caring then. But it'd change soon.