Chapter 12

September 26th, 1996; Woodsboro High

Billy stayed with me again that night, but something was different this time. He had a hell of a lot on his mind, so he wasn't very talkative.

At the time, I thought it was just about the pregnancy.

"So, how long are we going to be able to hide this?" Billy asked as the three of us sat in the car.

"Depends on how big I get. Some women don't show for a few months." I shrugged.

"Well, you can borrow my shirts to hide it if you need to." Stu offered. I smiled lightly at my brother, and was extremely thankful that he was taking this so well.

As we pulled up to the building, we noticed news vans and police scattered all around.

"They're gonna swarm me, aren't they?" I sighed.

"We won't let them."

The two boys got out first, then stood on each side of me as I got out. They tried to push away as many reporters as possible as I kept my head down.

"Y/N, how does it feel to be alive?"

"Y/N, did you see the man who did this?"

"We're you the one that killed them?"

"Would all of you just shut the fuck up!" Billy screamed, seething with rage.

We finally made it to the building, but everyone continued to stare at me. I was the talk of the school at this moment, and I hated it.

"Look the fuck away." Billy growled at the teens. Stu had is arm wrapped around my shoulder as he guided me through the halls.

"I shouldn't have come today." I sighed as I opened my locker. "It was a mistake."

"I'll kick every ass in this building if they bother you, okay?" Billy whispered to me as he grabbed my face gently.

This wouldn't be weird to anyone around us. They knew we've been best friends for years, I'm sure everyone expects this to be more of an adoptive sibling type of love. That's what made this all so perfect; they'd never suspect it.

He pulled me into him and placed a kiss on my head as I held tears back. Knowing I'm only alive because I'm pregnant fucking kills me.

"Y/N! Oh my god, are you okay?" Tatum asks as her and Sidney run up to me. Billy let go so I can turn my attention to the girls. Each of them hold me tight before letting me speak.

"I've been a hell of a lot better." I mumble.

"I'm surprised you came today." Sidney spoke up.

"I don't want to let this control my life. It happened, I didn't die, it's over with. There's more important things to worry about." Just as I was finishing my sentence, I got an overwhelming wave of nausea and bolted to the bathroom.

I was so over morning sickness.

"Y/N? You okay?" I heard Sid ask from outside the stall.

"Do you need to go to the nurse?" Tatum must've came with her.

"I'm fi-" I was cut off by another round of puking my guts out. How do people enjoy being pregnant?

"You don't sound fine." Sidney sighed.

After I was done - for now - I flushed the toilet and slowly stood. The two girls watched me carefully as I trudged my way over to the sink, washing the taste of vomit out of my mouth.

"I gotta get to class." I grabbed my bag and began to make my way to first period, but the feeling hit me again.

"Nope, you're going to the nurse." Tatum basically ran me to the nurse's office, where I started puking again.

"I think she needs to go home." Sidney spoke for me.

"No, I d-"

"When you're done, I'll take your temperature, okay?" The nurse said to me.

I'm not sick, I'm pregnant. But I couldn't tell them that. Especially not Sidney.

I sat down on the bed when I was finished. She popped a cover on the thermometer, then stuck it under my tongue. I sat and waited patiently until it beeped.

"98.3, so no fever. Did you eat something bad?" She questioned. I shook my head and sighed. "Girls, go to class, I'll let her rest."

After the two left, the nurse turned back to me.

"You're pregnant, aren't you?" She whispered. I nodded my head as tears slid down my face.

"Please don't tell anyone." I sniffled. She sighed, and grabbed my hand comfortingly.

"I won't. I do suggest going home though, at least for today, and see how you feel tomorrow." I nodded and had her call Billy down, since he's the one that drove.

"What's going on?" He came rushing in. The nurse eyed him and I could tell she knew he was the father. Due to her not knowing if he knew, she didn't say a word.

"Y/N here needs to go home. She's been violently ill all morning." I nodded to her in thanks, and she nodded back. Once she returned to her desk, Billy helped me off the bed, then walked me to his car.

"She looked suspicious." He pointed out after helping me get in.

"Well, I don't have a fever, and I didn't eat anything bad. Hopefully she keeps her suspicions to herself." I mumbled. I didn't tell him she already knew.

"Do you want me to stay home with you?" He asked as we drove off.

"Maybe just until lunch. You're already missing most of your first half of the day."

When we pulled up to my house, he got out and quickly ran to my side. The way he cared for me and this child actually surprised me a bit.

"Bed or couch?" He asked as he shut the door.

"Bed, please." I squealed a little as he picked me up and carried me up the stairs, rather than letting me walk.

Once he laid me in my bed, he grabbed pajamas for me and helped me get them on. I wasn't helpless, but I accepted it anyway. The garbage can that typically sat beside my desk was now at my bedside.

"Is there anything I can get you, babe?" He looked so cute when he was worried.

"Just some cuddle time before you go, please." I moved over and let him climb in next to me. After laying my head on his chest, I was out almost immediately.

What I didn't know was, as I slept, he was daydreaming. Daydreaming about where we'd go from here, especially after the events that would occur tonight and tomorrow.

What will our parents think? How can we raise a child so young? Would we move away together? Have a happy little family? One that he currently lacked.

It's what he's always wanted. He just had to make sure his plan went smoothly.