Ending 1

September 2022; Samantha POV

My heart ached when I watched the only biological family member I had left pass. I thought we would all make it, but Amber had other ideas apparently.

Tara entered my room on her crutches, wearing all black. Today was the day of my mother's funeral.

"You okay?" She asked as I fiddled with my dress.

"Not really, no." I sighed.

I may not have known my mother, but I wanted to get to know her, and that chance was taken away from me just when I finally had hope. Now she was gone, and Christina wanted nothing to do with me after she found out I told Tara.

I felt completely and utterly alone.

Sidney stopped to pick us up, knowing I was in no condition to drive. I helped Tara into the back seat, then slid into the passenger seat myself. The ride to the funeral home was short and quiet. Sidney was just as broken as I was at this point.

I resented this woman since I found out about the adoption, and now all I wanted was for her to be here with me.

Once we arrived at the funeral, I stepped out of the car, then helped Tara out. We slowly made our way up and into the white building.

The inside was already packed full of people I didn't know; minus Mindy, Gale, and Chad, who had managed to escape the hospital to attend.

I sat in the very front row and stared at the casket in front of me. It was open, and all I could see was my mother's beautiful H/C hair flowing down the pillow.

"Samantha." I heard an elderly voice ask.

"Yeah, that's me." I answered.

"It's nice to finally meet you. We're your biological grandparents." The woman smiled as she pointed to her husband. "And this is your Aunt Leslie."

"You're the one who just lost her son. I'm so sorry." I apologized to the woman.

"Thank you." She looked down and toyed with the hem of her shirt. "We've lost way too many people, but you're always welcome to talk to us. I'm sure you have many questions."

Y/N POV

"This isn't how it was supposed to end." Billy sighed next to me as we stood by my casket. Seeing my corpse was honestly weird, but seeing my daughter, family, and friends so broken up was harder.

I stayed away from them for decades, but they still mourned me as if I was stayed in contact.

"I know, but at least we can be together now." I grabbed his hand in mine. Being able to actually feel him again was a happiness I haven't felt since before he outted himself as the killer.

Sam walked up to the mirror beside the casket to check her eye makeup, and gasped, not expecting to see us both. I smiled at her, then looked over to Billy, who was also smiling.

"I'll always be with you, Samantha. Never forget that. I'll always be the good in you." I told her. She smiled sadly and nodded as a single tear rolled down her face. I so badly wanted to hug her and reassure her that everything would be okay, but I couldn't.

Billy squeezed my hand tighter as she walked away.