Chapter 1

September 2022; Woodsboro Hospital, After Tara's attack; Sam POV

Sam stood, looking in the mirror, when she saw him again. Her real dad. Billy Loomis.

She often wondered who her real mother was. She knew she was her adopted mother's cousin through marriage. She knew she was Stu Macher's slightly younger sister. But she's never seen even a picture of her. It's like she disappeared without a trace.

After her dad - her adopted dad - left her and Tara, and Christina started drinking heavily, Sam often wondered what it'd be like to be with her real mom. But that's also when she started seeing her real father. The antipsychotics weren't working. He was always there, taunting her.

She just wanted her real mom.

"Your mother didn't abandon you, yanno." Billy's reflection spoke up. "She was sixteen when I knocked her up, don't be upset with her."

"Where did she go? Does she even ask about me? Does she even know what's going on here?" Sam started getting angry. The rage boiled inside her, just like Billy's always had.

"My mother abandoned me, Samantha. Yours wanted a better life for you. There's a difference." She rolled her eyes as his reflection tried to defend Y/N.

"I'm really not in the mood." She grumbled.

"Anti-psychotics ain't working as well as they used to, are they?" He smirked.

"Fuck you." She growled, finally actually making eye contact through the mirror.

"You can't run from who you are, Sam. I'm just trying to help." He responded casually. "When are you gonna tell her?"

Sam stood still, nervously staring at the figure in the mirror. She was startled out of her daze when her phone began to ring.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hello, Samantha." A deep voice responded. She looked down at her phone, confused by how the caller knew her.

"Who is this?"

"Someone who knows your little family secret."

"You're the fuck who hurt my sister." The familiar rage began to bubble again.

"Oh, she's not the only one I'm gonna hurt. I had to get you back here somehow, didn't I?"

"You wanna fuck with me, asshole? I'm right here, come and get me." She challenged.

"With pleasure."

A figure burst into the room, knife in hand, adorning the signature Ghostface costume. She screamed as she dodged the knife, causing it to hit the bulletin board on the wall. The killer then pushed her, causing her to fall to the ground below.

As he came back towards her, she quickly picked up a chair to defend herself with. She blocked the knife numerous times with it before shoving him backwards.

She stood once again, and the cloaked figure swung his knife at her, trying to slice her. She ran behind a table and pushed it into him before escaping the room and running down the hospital hallways.

"Help! Help!" She screamed. "Somebody help me! He's trying to kill me!"

"What's going on? What's going on? You're okay." The officer that she ran into spoke.

"Somebody tried to kill me in the break room!" Sam cried.

The officer pulled his gun out and walked cautiously to the said room, finding nothing. Annoyed and afraid, Sam left, going back to see her sister.

The sheriff, Sam, Richie, Tara, and Amber crowded the room as the sheriff questioned what went down. Sam was still quite shaken over the entire thing.

"You're gonna put more cops on her room, right?" She finally asked, interrupting Amber and Richie.

"Yes," she paused, "And I can move you to a private floor. Deputy Vinson knows what he's doing, you'll be safe."

"Like we've been so far?" Sam replied, completely over with this whole situation.

"Samantha, let's step outside." The young adult sighed and stood, following the sheriff to the hallway.

"Nice to see you, Deputy Hicks." She greeted smugly. "So many fun memories."

There's that Loomis fire.

"It's Sheriff Hicks." She stopped. "I remember you too, and all the trouble you used to cause your family. Your presence here is not helping, so maybe when the sun comes up, you and your boyfriend can hit the road and leave it to people who actually care about this community."

The sheriff smiled fakely at her, then turned to leave. Sam scoffed at her rudeness and reentered the room.

"Well, she remains a delight." Her eyes rolled.

"You okay?" Tara asked from her hospital bed.

"Um, would you mind giving us a second?" The older sister looked to Richie and Amber. "I need to talk to Tara."

"C'mon, Netflix, let's go." Amber gestured towards the door. Once her and Richie left the room, Sam looked to Tara.

"Do you remember when dad left?" She started.

"Parts, sure," Tara shrugged, "I was eight, I don't know what that has to do with anything."

"It has to do with it." Sam shoved the nervousness down so she could get her words together. "Do you remember how mom uses to keep those boxes up in the attic?"

"Well, I was up there once when I was thirteen, looking for Christmas presents. I found these old diaries she kept from high school." She continued before Tara interrupted.

"Sam, what does this-"

"I just, I have to do this." She cut her off. "So I found these old diaries, and I knew it was wrong, but I read some anyway. Mom got pregnant with me in high school and I thought it could be cool to find out how she and dad got together. How romantic it must've been.."

"So I read some. Only it wasn't romantic." She gulped. "Mom was never even pregnant, but her cousin was. She was only sixteen at the time and couldn't take care of it, and wanted to give it a better life. So mom took her, and her and dad got married."

"Sam, what are you talking-"

"And I'm sitting there in this attic, and I'm thirteen, and I just found out my parents aren't my parents. So I find mom in her bedroom and I'm screaming at her, and shoving this diary in her face, and I didn't even realize that dad was standing right behind me." She began tearing up.

"Obviously, dad knew I was adopted, and who the mother was. But he found out who the father is, from me. He didn't know. He found out right then from me. He left that night. I'm the reason he left." She cried.

"No, Sam-"

"Mom never forgave me, and she made me promise never to tell you because you were so young, and that's why I changed." She sat by the bed, "and I got distant and weird with you. I went out and started doing every drug I could get my hands on, until I couldn't take it anymore, and I left town. I just couldn't be around you anymore, Tara. Not only because I destroyed our family that night, but because.."

"Those diaries told me who my real parents are. What type of bloodline I come from." Tears pour down her face as she looks at Tara. "It was Y/N Macher and Billy Loomis."