1. Temporary Home

(AN: alright so a couple people are confused about things going on in the story. I put that this was a sequel in the story called Don't Get In A Stranger's Car. Read that first!! Other than that, enjoy!!)

*Ellie's POV*

"So I'll see you tomorrow?" Logan asks.

I smile, looking up at him. "Yeah."

"Good." He smiles back.

I stand up on my tiptoes and take his backpack straps in my fists. Slowly, he pulls closer and kisses me.

After what seems like a quick couple of seconds, something hits me in the back of my head. "Alright, lovebirds, stop sucking face. Night's over," I hear Amanda say.

I roll my eyes in her direction. She smiles at me while picking up something off the floor. My feet turn back to Logan. "See you tomorrow," I say.

"See you, bye," he says, kissing me once more time before leaving.

I close the door and lock it. Time to deal with Amanda. "Really?"

"What?" she asks with a smirk. "Hand me that washcloth, would ya?"

I look down, picking up said washcloth. "Oh so this is what you threw at me."

"Well, if you two get a room anytime soon it isn't gonna be in this apartment."

I roll my eyes, heading back to the couch where all my school stuff is. "I don't plan on that, but okay."

"Good," she says with some emphasis.

I take my notebook and close it, putting it in my backpack. "I'm not an idiot, Amanda," I say somewhat jokingly.

"Never said you were, Babydoll. I just don't need you pregnant before I am."

"I still think you should get on that."

"I don't have time for that," she says.

"Mom didn't either. I think I turned out alright."

"You did. She did a good job with you."

"Well, the squad, I'm sure, helped."

"We might've saved her ass once or twice."

"Ooh, are these ass-savings interesting?" I ask.

"Language. And no, not really. She'd get caught with an overnight case or something. We'd all stand around you at the precinct and ask where you wanted to sleep. Most of the time you angrily said 'Mommy!' and ran straight to hug her leg. So me or Nick usually bribed you."

"With what?"

"Well if Zara was staying with him, he'd say you could stay up late and watch movies with her. Me? I told you I had ice cream at my house. And you favored me when your mom wasn't there, so..."

I smile. "Sounded like I was adorable."

"You were. Every cop who ever came in the precinct while you were there liked you."

I finish getting my backpack together. Amanda follows me while I put my backpack in her guest room - my temporary bedroom - and throws a towel at me when I turn back around.

"Now shower. Wash that boy off your clothes and lips."

"I figured it would be better if he never came to my house. Here is bad too?"

"Here is your house right now. And it's fine, just messing with you, Babydoll," she says. "Just no sex anywhere in the apartment."

"I thought we covered that already!" I exclaim. "And the rule at my actual house is no Logan anywhere in the apartment, so I guess I prefer your rules."