13. Reunited

(AN: I'm DEFINITELY still gonna be updating regularly, so don't worry about what I'm about to say:
I got a job as a hostess and even though it's only part time, there will be days I can't update. It shouldn't happen too often but I was just letting you guys know. I won't abandon any of my stories, and those who are reading Stork, (go check it out if you aren't! It's in My Works!) I will update the story! I'm just having some writer's block. Comment some ideas for it!
So...yeah. Anyways, enjoy chapter 13!)

"How do you plan on doing that? Neither will confess."

"Are your daughter and Ashley testifying?"

I don't want to put her through that. Ashley said she would when - if - the time came. "Ashley is."

"You know Ellie should test-"

"I know but she's...she's only 14 an-"

"15," half the squad says.

"Whatever. She's still a baby to me."

"And she always will. Why don't you ask her?"

*Ellie's POV*

"Okay, bye," I say as I hang up with Ashley. I smile. My best friend isn't long gone, after all I guess.

As I stand up and get my popcorn from the microwave, I hear a knock at the door.

I start opening the bag as I limp over to the door. In front of me is a very business-y looking woman with ginger locks.

"Hi, is Elliot around?" she asks.

"Uh huh...?" I ask confusedly. Luckily, Elliot is quick to come into the room.

"Case, what are you doing here?"

"Liv is still at the precinct but we need to talk about the trial."

The munching on my popcorn slows as I know what she's going to tell me.

I sit on one side of the couch and whoever this Casey Novak is sits on the other. I'm just gonna go with the guess that she was there was I was conceived and born but I don't remember.

"So your mother tells me she isn't sure if you want to testify against your attackers," Casey states very matter-of-factly.

"So she talks for me now," I say. "Wait. Does it even matter? Last time I checked they skipped out on the scene of a rape."

Casey raises her eyebrows but doesn't take the bait. "Caught them this morning. In interrogation now."

I nod, looking up at Elliot. I know he knew. And he's knows I knew he knew. He's not looking at me for that very reason. Avoiding the glare that people tell me I get from my mom.

Casey shifts in her seat. "So, your mom does get final say. But she'll agree to whatever you decide."

"Mhm."

"Well you definitely have the Benson sass," she comments. "I think you'll be great on the stands, to be honest."

I roll my eyes. "Is Ashley testifying?"

"You know her?"

"She's only my best friend," I say, grabbing my popcorn. "Is she?"

"I think yes. But this has to be your decision."

I keep munching on my popcorn, wishing my best friend was here. We'd give me the look that said we'd agree with each other. I just have to take Casey's word for it. And I don't even know it.