what if laura easton was never given up for adoption?

t/w kidnapping, stabbing, attempted stabbing, psych ward, rape mention 

-

Laura Macy Easton, born Laura Macy Lampart, twin of Callie Veruca Callahan, born Callie Veruca Lampart. After her sister was taken by their father, their mother gave Laura up for adoption, in hopes to protect her. Laura would still end up being abused.

But in this world, she grew up as normal as someone with her brain could.

-

Jessie laid there in the delivery room, her twins in either of her arms, both sound asleep. Callie Veruca and Laura Macy. Laura Macy and Callie Veruca. Her dearest girls. Suddenly, the man who'd raped her came into the room. He took Callie away and Jessie looked at Laura, who'd she'd managed to hide. She hugged her baby, gently.

"Callie, I'm so sorry. Laura, you'll be safe with me."

-

Laura Macy Lampart was a violent child, thanks to being the twin who inherited all the mental illnesses. She called her stepfather, Brad, dad and her mother loved her and Brad loved her and she had a little sister but she was just constantly angry, constantly infuriated.

This particular day, Laura was six. Something, something, she didn't like the dinner Brad had cooked. Laura was screaming and kicking out. Jessie pulled Ronnie away from her sister as Brad attempted to restrain his oldest daughter.

Said oldest daughter grabbed a knife from the kitchen and stabbed him in the hand.

Brad screamed in pain.

The police were called.

That was the first time Laura Lampart was admitted into a psych ward.

-

The second time was a little under a year later. Laura, now seven, had come very close to stabbing her little sister. She was once again admitted into a psych ward.

They implored Brad and Jessie to seek a diagnosis for their daughter. She'd been diagnosed with ADHD when she was five, they thought that must be it. They didn't know what else it could be.

But, they took their daughter to a psychiatrist and, at seven years old, she was diagnosed with IED- intermittent explosive disorder.

-

Third time, Laura was nine. She thrown a plate at her mother, breaking it. She attempted to stab Jessie with a piece of broken plate, but Brad managed to successfully restrain her, despite her kicking and screeching.

Laura was in therapy, getting anger management, the Lampart family showed their daughter understanding, but it just didn't seem to be helping. 

God, what more could they do? 

Jessie didn't want to admit as to why she was like this.

She knew why, she just really didn't want to say it out loud.

-

Jessie got off the phone in tears. "I have to go," She says, quickly putting on some shoes and grabbing her purse. "Jessie, where are you going?" Brad asked her, quickly stopping his wife.

"Nice. In France. Callie's okay."

Brad pulled back. Jessie had told him about Callie before. Laura's long lost twin. But she hadn't told Laura. As Jessie hurriedly left, Brad sat down in front of Laura.

"Laura, you have a twin-"

"I have a what?!"

Brad sighed. "Laura, please calm down. She was kidnapped by your father when you guys were born. But she's been found now."

Laura was... feeling a lot of things. Anger, obviously, surprise, confusion, fear and excitement. While she waited for her mother, and sister, to get back, she thought about what it'd be like to be a twin. Sure, they were eleven years out of practice, but it might be fun. Right?

A few days later, her mother got home and got out of the car with a girl that looked exactly like her. Their exact same eyes locked with one another for a moment.

At eleven, they were both 5'1.

They both had light blue eyes.

They both had long blonde hair.

On the outside, they were the exact same.

On the inside, they were exact opposite.

-

The two decided to share a room. They wanted to get used to this whole twin thing.

The first time Callie witnessed her twin's rage, she'd been staying there just shy of two weeks. Callie knocked something of Laura's over, the latter began screaming at the former, and then Laura tried to stab her twin.

For the fourth time before she was even a teenager, Laura Macy Lampart was admitted into a psych ward.