what if emily rae never murdered her competitors?

(t/w murder mentions, drunk driving)

(I wrote most of this when I was tired so sorry if it's bad)

-

Emily Sara Rae committed several murders, in the name of becoming prom queen at Jefferson Academy and in the name of idolizing Crystal Carter. She was arrested and died of dehydration in January of 2009. At least, in your world she did.

In this world, she was a little more sane.

-

2009

Emily had to become prom queen, she was doing every last bit of research she could. And then she came across a name; Crystal Carter.

And she realized just how unhinged she was becoming.

Crystal Sara Carter had murdered her competitors for prom queen and...Emily realized she was getting dangerously close to that. She was getting dangerously close to being that unhinged.

That night, Emily called Nathan. She said she was sorry for pushing him away, that she'd never do it again. That night, they properly broke up. It was civil and Emily felt much better.

-

The night of prom, Jolie Johnson was awarded the title of prom queen. She was wheeled up onto stage by Nathan and she gave a speech and everything.

Was Emily jealous? Oh, she absolutely was.

But, nonetheless, she clapped for Jolie.

"Woooo, you go, girl!"

-

2011

Emily decided she was going to become a nurse, and as such, began attending the University of Virginia.

And here she met a man; Jonas Ilya. He was also majoring in nursing and was a really sweet guy.

And he asked her out.

Well, she had no reason to say no.

-

2015

Whitney Sampson, Emily's lifelong best friend, was playing Bella Hamilton in this new musical called Hamilton: An American Musical.

Well, opening night on Broadway, she was there, front row, edge of her seat.

She got pictures with the cast afterwards.

-

October 31st, 2015, Emily and Jonas were married. They danced, they laughed, they kissed, and they got a little too drunk.

Jonas opted to drive, Emily and him insisting it would be fine. They would be fine, it would be fine.

They were let free and as they drove down the road, the opposite direction of their shared home, they were hit. By a semi truck.

Jonas died upon impact.

Emily died just as the paramedics arrived.