what if lavanda mariana never overdosed?

(t/w drugs, heroin, overdoses, murder, guns)

(I didn't have very many ideas for this, sorry)

Donna Lavenda Mariana Miller, best known by her stage name, Lavanda Mariana, was an Italian-American musician, lead singer in the famed pop punk rock band, Sunshine Wasteland. In 1982, she would be found dead by her ex-husband after a heroin overdose.

Except that's not what happened in this world.

-

1982

Lavanda began avoiding hard drugs, especially intravenous ones. She had toddlers, she couldn't risk overdosing and dying because of it. She'd seen that happen with so many stars of her childhood. She didn't want her children to lose her.

-

1983

Cat was dead. Lavanda's best friend, basically sister, was dead, after a heroin overdose. Cat had never done heroin before, not once. Lavanda and other assorted Sunshine Wasteland members had offered it to her, but she refused each and every time.

And yet she was dead after a heroin overdose.

What did Lavanda think?

Lavanda thinks Josh McKnight needs to die.

-

A week after Cat's funeral, the kids were at Lavanda's home, being watched by Maxine. Lavanda was there under the guise that she was helping Josh grieve. She'd lost her best friend and he'd lost his wife.

She was helping him.

Ignore the pistol in her purse.

"I appreciate you being here and watching the kids when you can," Josh said. Fake ass.

"Of course." Lavanda then pulled out her pistol and shot him in the head.

She then left.

If the police ever asked, she was never there.

-

1999

After Josh's murder, Lavanda took custody of Cat's daughters, with the permission of Cat's siblings.

Recently, Feather died after being hit by an ambulance. Lavanda stood on the podium at her funeral.

"Feather, to me, was like a daughter and a little sister all in one. I loved her dearly, she was always a little spitfire. I will miss her truly."

She then sat down in the pews as Chrissy stepped up.

-

2004

On July 10th, 2004, Jack and Lavanda had a joint wedding. Lavanda Miller married Maxine Lawson, Jack Hunter married Owen Cox.

Afterwards, in their hotel room, the four of them giggled like little children. "Ah, just like 1973." Lavanda said to Jack and they began laughing again.

"Just like '73," Jack repeated, hugging his best friend from the side.

-

Now

Lavanda has spent her years working for charities, fighting for basic human rights for all, all of that?

And Josh McKnight's murder?

What does Lavanda think?

"Such a shame."