what if angelica rosewood was never murdered?

again, not proofread, permanently eepy deepy

t/w suicide mention, murder mention

-

Angelica Fiona Rosewood was an American silver screen actress, found murdered by her girlfriend, Betsy Georges, in her hotel room, shortly after exposing herself as a lesbian. The word dyke had been written in her blood on the wall. Her killer still to this day has not been caught. Well, that's the story in your world anyway.

In this world, she lived.

-

1969

"I think I'm gonna head out for a bit of a walk," Betsy said, grabbing her bag and starting for the door. Angelica quickly stood and followed her girlfriend. "I'll go with you," The blonde said and Betsy nodded.

The pair walked around Los Angeles, surrounding their hotel area, holding hands. They received some dirty looks, they received some smiles and waves, and their favorite, a little Asian girl who came up to them and said Betsy was her favorite actress.

-

1975

Six years after exposing herself as a lesbian, Angelica and Betsy were able to return to the Hollywood scene. They returned alongside Robbie and Cecil, in a film called Twenty Days, Twenty Nights.

Though the gay couple, played by Robbie and Cecil, and the lesbian couple, played by Angelica and Betsy, were killed off pretty quickly, it still felt nice to be back.

-

1982

Cecil had died after falling from his hotel balcony, but Angelica, alongside Betsy and Robbie, refused to believe it was accidental or suicide, because they knew Cecil. They knew damn well he wouldn't. Yet, the police closed the case as quickly as they'd opened it.

Johnny Cecil Douglas' death was ruled an accident. The famed Cecil Dagger's death was ruled an accident.

All Angelica could think was absolutely the fuck not. For the rest of her days, she would try to get justice. For the rest of her days, she would demand the case be reopened, yet it never was. At least, not in her lifetime anyway.

-

2005

Finally, after fifty-four years in love, Angelica was finally able to marry Betsy. They got married in a sweet, small gazebo. They'd been retired since 2000, minus their fight for justice for Cecil.

But, here she and Betsy were, the both of them seventy-five years old, finally able to call themselves a proud married couple.

Betsy died due to breast cancer just two years later. Angelica held her hand as she died.

-

2011

Angelica now found herself holding the hand of Robbie as he passed, age eighty-one. His breathing was labored, and not once did Angelica let go. Not until he was dead and the doctor forced her to.

-

2021

Angelica herself would die ten years after Robbie, fourteen after Betsy, thirty-nine after Cecil. She died in hospice care, age ninety-one, surrounded by her family.