Chapter 46: Gone like the wind

"How many times do I need to say that I'm sorry? I mean come on Vin it's not like I killed a kitten or something!" I said, trying to get Vincent to look at me without glaring. Fine, maybe I didn't really think my action through before I borrowed his pants but jeez it wasn't that bad was it?

"No you did something much worse! You actually drenched my pants in your...freaking semen Ash!" Vincent growled as he pointed to the pants laying on the ground a few feet away. Adam had let me borrow some of his spare clothes so now he and his brothers wereat least satisfied. Of course there was still Vincent...

"Don't go blaming that on me. It isn't my fault Alex is a possessive douchebag now is it? If you're going to blame someone it should be him." I muttered as I shot Alex a meaningful look which he simply ignored.

"So it was his fault you were wearing my pants was it?" Vincent said in a mocking tone. I shot him an irritated glare but decided against telling him about his girlfriends part in all this. It would probably just work as a way to put me in more trouble.

When I kept silent Vincent huffed in my direction but I could see Amber shoot me a grateful yet slightly surprised glance.

"Haha yeah, that's right...sometimes I'm actually not a snitch but a fairly good friend." I thought as I gave her a small smile. At least I could make someone happy today.

Suddenly I saw Kate running up the beach towards us and I barely had time to react as she shot past me and slided to a stop right beside Amber. Amber gave her a bright smile and immediately handed her a dry towel she could wrap herself in while I stared at the water dropping from Kate. I watched her wet hair, which was glued to her head and wondered how anyone could like swimming. It was simply awful.

"So where's Kevin, Regina and Matt?" I asked Kate while she dried herself of. She shot me a quick look and then nodded towards the way she'd come.

"They're just behind the trees. At least that's where I left them." She answered and I did a thumbs up before I turned and started walking in that direction.

"I'm going to look for them since I want to leave this awful and wet place." I muttered, ignoring the fact that I could hear my mates laughing behind me, saying something about how I must've been a kitten in my previous life. As if!

As I got closer to the water I could see Matt, Regina and Kevin's clothes lying scattered on the sand but there where no sign of neither of them as I looked out over the water. Maybe they had drowned? I quickly discarded that thought though because if Matt had died I would have probably known since there would've been fireworks and celebration nearby. I smiled to myself as a picture of angels weeping as they realized Matt would be joining them flashed before my eyes.

I kept walking along the waterside and I lost myself in thoughts as I stared out over the water trying to spot anyone amongst the waves of the lake. When I finally considered giving up, I realized that I had went further than I first thought. I turned my eyes away from the water and looked back the way I'd come from.

My sense of orientation weren't the best so it was a relief to know that I would be able to find my way back if only I followed the waterside. I huffed at the fact that I was the one suffering just because Matt, Regina and Kevin couldn't keep themselves in the area around us.

Just as I was about to turn around and stomp back the way I'd come I heard a distinctive 'crack' from the tree line further up the beach. I turned my head in the direction of the sound and I could feel my eyes narrow in irritation. I swear to god that if they were playing with me I would have their brains for dinner later.

I changed direction again as I started walking towards the sound and soon enough I found myself surrounded by trees inside the forest. I looked around me and opened my mouth as I shouted: