Chapter 23: A little kitten with sharp claws

When Alex finally reached me he surprised me by simply picking me up bridal-style. He pushed past his brothers and Kevin, with me in his arms and easily took the lead. He didn’t seem to be even the slightest disturbed by my weight but then I guess strength comes with the whole werewolf-package.

Wow, I shook my head at the thought of Alex as a werewolf. That was definitely going to take some time getting used to. Wait, what the hell am I thinking?! Getting used to?? Whoa, there is no “getting used to” here! This shit must have really messed with my head…

Suddenly I remembered that I was actually being carried, by a guy, and not just that, I was being carried bridal-style like a fucking girl! Shit, I started to wiggle and struggle to get away from Alex hold but he didn’t like that one bit. He easily tightened his grip on me to the point where I thought he was going to suffocate me.

"Hell Alex, lay off! I don’t need you to carry me like a fucking girl!" I managed to choke out and Alex gave me his famous smirk.

"Tss now, now, you should have thought about that before you decided to act like one." His smirk turned into a grin when I glared at him as fierce as I could.

"Now that glare could cut through ice, don’t you think Adam?" Alex eyes had become a lighter blue as his anger had mostly gone away which I was silently relieved to see. I laid eyes on Adam as he appeared next to us on the trail and he shot me an amused smile before answering Alex stupid statement with a soft laugh:

"Definitely, he’s like our own little kitten but with sharp claws." 

I immediately turned my glare at him and Alex chuckled at my irritated look.

"I hope that spirit also apply in bed…" I heard Anton mutter and I could feel a heavy blush tainting my cheeks at his words. I was once again reminded of the fact that they had told me that they would have me begging for them sooner or later despite what I wanted and I huffed in annoyance. Alex and Adam both laughed at my reaction to Anton’s words and I decided to ignore them for a while. At least until my face had gotten back some of its normal color because this was actually quite embarrassing.

How could they think that I would simply throw myself at them and join them in bed? I mean they had fucking kidnapped me and were holding me hostage against my will. Who in their right mind would be okay with that? I’m not one to be easily swept away in the first place (just ask Regina, it took at least two months for her to get me to agree to go on a simple date with her) and here they were, expecting me to jump in their bed and say “what are we waiting for let’s get going”? No, there must be something wrong with these people.

My eyes drifted to Kevin and Vincent and I furrowed my brows. How could they be okay with what the brothers were doing to me? They hadn’t even batted an eye at the fact that they had kidnapped me and Kate.

If I had one day suddenly decided to come home with two kidnapped girls I seriously think that Matt and Regina would have flipped and called the cops on me. I don’t know but that’s how normal people would react, how they at least should react. So how come Kevin, Vincent and Amber hadn’t questioned anything? Were they all crazy? What if they were used to this? What if they were animalistic murderers who kidnapped people all the time? What if they were bringing me back to the house to kill me right now? I mean they were werewolves, so it wouldn’t surprise me.

Hadn’t I read somewhere that wolves liked to hunt in groups and play with their prey until they grew tired and simply killed them? Yeah, I think I had. Yeah now that I think about it I most definitely had read that somewhere. Or was that lions? Hm…yeah could have been lions.