Chapter 15: Ooh snap...

"Hey, get of me you stupid boy!" I yelled angrily at him but that only earned me a death glare and a slap over my head. He wasn’t pinning me down with all his weight but he was still heavy and my ribs ached.

"Watch who you’re calling a boy Sparky." Alex growled at me and I tried to shove him of me again. I was growing sick of him pushing me around and I just wanted him to lay of my case.

"Who the hell do you think you are Alex, my mother?" I growled back, fury laced in my voice. He actually looked a little taken aback but I think that was more due to the fact that I had called him by his real name and not because my words had actually made any impact. He quickly recovered and shot me a hard look before he spat:

"By the way you’re acting I would say you need one."

The words stung, not only because he had just told me I was acting like an immature child but because I actually never had a mother. I slammed my mouth shut and avoided his cold eyes, feeling my anger deflate. I stopped fighting his hold on me and looked away because I didn’t want him seeing the hurt and sorrow I knew my eyes were reflecting.

I felt him growing still over me, evaluating if I was faking the surrender but I didn’t care. Suddenly he took a hold of my face turning it in his direction.

"Look at me Ash." He said slowly but I kept my eyes on the swirling patterns on the bedcover refusing to do as he said. He shifted impatiently and a little irritated not appreciating that I defied him over and over again.

"Great, it was something I said wasn’t it?" He actually sounded regretful and my eyes found his on their own accord. When our gaze locked Alex let out a wounded sound and without thinking reached his hand out towards me. I snapped my eyes away, swallowing hard and his hand stopped inches away from touching my face.

I did not want him or the others pitying me. I was not weak like this. “Get a grip Ash, you have never had a mother so suck it up now like you always do.” I thought but it wasn’t that easy.

"Hell Ash I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it like that. Don’t be sad please." Alex’s voice was so different from how he usually sounded and I couldn’t help but look at him again. His eyes indicated that he was truly sorry and I felt a painful stab in my chest that wasn’t due to my injuries when I saw him sad because of me.

Before I could think I reached out towards him. I wanted to comfort him but I stopped myself right before my hand connected with his. “Shit, what the hell am I doing?” I thought, mentally slapping myself.

They had kidnapped me, taken me to this unknown mansion, told me that “I belonged to them” and looked me inside this room. I was not supposed to feel sorry for this guy and his stupid mesmerizing eyes. I pulled my hand away again, scolding myself for even thinking about comforting him.

"I…just need a minute." I whispered, making a gesture towards the door that I had guessed led to a bathroom. I thought Alex would protest but he just looked at me for a while before he, in one swift move, eased himself of me letting me free. I pushed myself of the bed and gave him one last look before I hurried towards the bathroom, wanting to escape the tension in the now silent room.

I went inside, pushing the door shut behind me and locking it firmly before I turned around and flipped down with my back against the closed door. “God what a mess I’ve gotten myself into.” I thought tiredly, closing my eyes and leaning my head back against the doorframe.