Chapter 3: Running? More like falling...

Picture on the side: Adam

_______________________________________

I threw a glance over my shoulder and cursed loudly because both Alex and Adam were right at my heels. Hell they could run. Not that I understood why they were chasing me in the first place... well now was not the time to stop and ask them.

I realized that I wouldn't be able to outrun them on the road like this because my side was already burning in pain and I had a hard time breathing correctly. Was running supposed to be this hard or am I just dying?

I made a right turn when Alex was about to get a hand on me and slid down a little hill and changed my direction so I was now running towards the woods surrounding the road. 

Maybe I could lose them amongst the trees? 

I hastened my pace and reached the trees without getting caught. A pretty badass achievement with my side burning like this if you ask me. My breathing had become jagged though and I knew that I wouldn't be able to go on much further.

"Stupid injury." I panted when my foot suddenly got caught in something causing me to trip and fall head first to the ground.

"Aw hell to the shit!" I groaned as I finally came to a stop and Alex and Adam caught up to me. Alex gave me a tantalizing smile and Adam's green eyes shone with amusement when they looked down at me.

"Thought you could lose us in the woods and all you did was get caught buy a tree huh?" Adam laughed as I shot him an irritated look and I resisted the urge to throw a stick at him.

"Yeah, yeah very funny." I grumbled, trying to get up in a 'none-hurting way'. Suddenly their looks turned worried as they watched my face closely. 

When I had managed to rise they both took a step towards me and I jumped back, as fast as lightening... well almost as fast as lightening. Alex let out what seemed like a growl and I kept my eyes on them both as I started to back away.

What the hell? Had something got stuck in his throat or what?

"Good doggie." I gave him what I hoped was a confident smirk. Alex stopped growling and they both stared at me like I had said something really funny but after a minute of staring they looked at each other and then started to circle me. I tried to keep an eye on them both but it wasn't easy considering I didn't actually have eyes on the back of my head.

"What the hell do you want?" I suddenly asked, angry at their attempts to get behind my back. They kept moving but Alex answered me with a stern look in his eyes:

"Right now we only want to see your face a little bit better but after that... we just want you." 

He smiled at my confused expression and to be honest I didn't understand his answer. What did he mean with 'we just want you'? I only knew that I wasn't about to go anywhere with them. I'd like to stay alive please and thank you.

I was just about to open my mouth and tell them to shove their 'want you' thing up their ass when Alex suddenly took a leap towards me. I staggered back in surprise but realized my mistake when my back hit something hard. Fuck! I had totally forgotten about Adam standing there and it was him I had just backed into.

Adam didn't waste a second, he just wrapped his arms around my body, embracing me in a hug from behind. I struggled to free my arms and push him away but he was incredibly strong and I couldn't move an inch. What disturbed me the most was that I was actually enjoying having him that close and my body was flaming everywhere he touched it.

What the hell was happening to me? Some kind of weird ass teenage hormones making themselves known? 

Adam chuckled when he felt me shiver and he pressed me closer and nuzzled his face in the crook between my neck and shoulder. When he suddenly came near a certain part of my neck I couldn't help but tremble and I could feel him smile against my bare skin.