He's Just Not That Into You

The May Irwin Kiss was the first kiss to ever be recorded on screen. Filmed in 1896, the film lasted a mere 18 seconds but it changed the course of cinematic history. The two-second kiss shown on screen entranced people. They wanted more. Today in modern society, film sets now have intimacy coordinators just to work with actors up to sex scenes. Without that first kiss we may have never reached the level of intimacy we see on our TVs today.

September 23rd; 2023
Taylor Swift's Point of View
I'm simply lying on my stupid fancy couch with my stupid fancy wine, while I look up at my stupid fancy crystal chandelier. I didn't get a wine glass. I said screw it and now I'm drinking from the bottle. I'm scrolling through my phone and reading articles. The search bar of course reads Joe Alwyn. Tears are raining down and my nose is sniffling continuously. I chug down some more white wine because it's clearly the best coping mechanism. I've been watching one romance movie after another and right now I'm sobbing over Serendipity.

"I can't believe he just moved on like that!" I snap my fingers. "Did I mean nothing? Was I just another notch in his belt?" I question my entire sanity while ugly crying.

"Taylor, you guys broke up months ago. I think it's fair for Joe to date someone else." Selena rubs my shoulder as I continue to lay my head on her lap.

"I thought we were going to be together forever." I cry more and hold the wine bottle close to my chest like a safety blanket.

"You wanted different things, honey. He didn't want to go public and you weren't ready for marriage...after six years." Selena tries to comfort me but it really doesn't help.

"Well, I want my career...Getting married means settling down and kids and all that stuff." I try to take another sip of wine but Selena yanks the bottle from my hand.

"I think you've had enough wine." She takes the remote and shuts off the TV. "I don't think romance movies are helping either."

"I'm going to be alone forever." I groan and roll off the couch which makes a very loud thud. "Ow."

"You've been crying and moping over Joe for seven months now. It's time you get out of this fucking place."

"No," I mumble angrily.

"Come on. What do you want to do? We can go to a club or out to dinner. Hey, Gigi invited us to that party of hers she's having tonight. Maybe you can meet a new beau of your own tonight."

"I don't want a boyfriend. If anything I just want meaningless sex. Just a hookup with a nice guy and call it a night."

"Then go find yourself a one-night stand. At least get out of the house." Selena scolds.

"You're not my mom." I continue to lay on the floor, not caring about how I present.

"I guess I have to do it myself then." Selena gets up and grabs my hand. She begins to drag me across the floor to which I don't protest. I don't have the energy to. She drops my arm which makes a loud thud and I hear her rummage through my stuff. She tosses a dress on the floor in front of me along with some heels. "Now change."

"But-"

"Taylor, as your best friend, please listen to me. You need to move on. It'll be fun."

"No."

"Taylor Alison Swift, get your stupid ass in that dress right now! Put on some makeup and look pretty because we are going to that party!" She yells at me.

"Jesus Christ! Fine!" I get off the floor and start to get dressed.

"Thank you! My god." Selena goes through some of my stuff since she needs to borrow something nicer if we're going to a party. Eventually, I have my hair and makeup all done and dressed to the nines.