A Happy Event

The Next Day
June 13th; 2024
Taylor Swift's Point of View
After a day's worth of recovery, I feel much better. I still feel like shit, I just feel less shitty. The nurses and Travis have been helping take care of Viola while I recover. As much as I love her and want to be with her every second, I try my best to savor these minutes I have in the hospital where someone else can help take care of her. I couldn't help myself though. I had to see my baby girl. She makes this really cute snorting sound when she's sleepy and she scrunches up her nose. I just want to squish her so tight but I think that's a bad idea.

A nurse knocks on the door and walks in. What's the point of knocking if you're just going to walk in anyway? "You guys have some visitors. Would you know a Scott, Andrea, Jason, and Donna?"

"How did they coordinate getting here at the same time?" Travis is just as confused as I am.

"We know them. They can come." I smile and moments later all four of them walk into the room. My mom immediately walks to me and stands at my bedside. She lightly brushes my arm with her hand and smiles.

"How are you, Momma?"

"Fucking exhausted." I laugh a little but overall I'm seriously dead.

"You're gonna need to clean up your language around the baby." She comments.

"She can't talk yet," I say which causes a couple of eye rolls in the room.

"Can I hold my granddaughter?"

"Uh, yeah. Travis, give her some hand sanitizer." I instruct. He grabs the sanitizer and pumps some in her hand. My mom spreads it over her hands to make sure there are no germs for Viola to be exposed to. She reaches down and I give her the baby slowly.

"Oh wow, she is beautiful. It feels just like yesterday you were this small."

"Small? Small? Do you remember what giving birth was like? She is not small." I sass which makes my mom laugh.

"She does seem to be a bit big. How much does she weigh?"

"Please, ask Travis. The 6'5" 250lb completely stacked football player."

"It's not my fault!"

"Oh, it totally is."

"9 pounds 4 ounces and 22 inches." Travis sighs. (4.2kg & 55.88cm)

"Jesus Christ, Travis." Jason comments

"I'm sorry. Damn!"

"That's just abusive." Jason continues to make fun of Travis as a brother should.

"What's her name?" Donna asks.

"Viola June Swift-Kelce. We're hyphenating." I smile but my mom's expression turns into confusion.

"Viola June? VJ?" She questions.

"Fuck!" I exclaim in frustration even though it's also quite funny. "Thank God we haven't filled out the birth certificate yet."

"What's so bad about it?" Travis asks.

"It means vagina, Travis." Donna bluntly laughs.

"The epidural didn't work and I had just given birth. Give me a break!"

"It's okay." Donna chuckles.

"We'll come up with a new middle name. For now, she's just Viola." I look at my mom who is star-struck with tears in her eyes.

"God, she's beautiful. I'm going to need more of these, Taylor."

"Mom, you have Kitty and she weighs the same as like 20 grand-babies."