Meet the Parents

One Week Later
November 22nd; 2023
Taylor Swift's Point of View
This is going to be disastrous. I wasn't afraid of telling my family I was pregnant because I knew them. I don't know anything about Travis's family. For all I know they could hate me because of this. Travis said he was coming for a visit and everyone insisted it must be to celebrate Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, Thanksgiving isn't until tomorrow and I'm going to need to catch a flight to Rio de Janeiro for the tour. I'll need to leave early tomorrow. Only five more shows and I can ride out the next seven months in peace. Except my life is always complicated and never at peace.
Telling everyone the tour was postponed felt like World War III for a celebrity. I was getting calls for interviews, hate from every corner, news channels were going on about it. No one understood why and they were unbelievably pissed. I feel bad having to postpone but I can't perform for three and a half hours while pregnant. I'm struggling to do it now. I've had to add a 15-minute intermission after Reputation and increase each transition by three minutes just so I could take a breather.....and pee. I keep telling myself only three more shows but I also want to savor them.

Travis told his girlfriend about our situation and she didn't take it very well at first. To be fair, I think I would have been quite upset too. Learning someone you love and could have a future with is having a child with a person you don't even know. A couple of days later they made up. She came to terms with the fact it happened before they got together and she's still interested to see where things go with him. If Grace ends up being the stepmom to our child, I don't think I'll mind. She sounds very kind and understanding. Part of me just feels like I'd always compete with her.

Travis told his family he was bringing a surprise tonight. Little do they know it's two. Both of us are sitting in the car together on the way back from the airport. We used my private jet because driving here would most likely be a disaster. Travis insisted on being the one to drive to his brother's house. Very few people know about our situationship and we aren't willing to risk it.

"Did you ask if Kylie could bake something peanut butter flavored for me?" I felt awkward bringing my jars of peanut butter with me but I'll eat from them if I have to.

"She's making her famous chocolate peanut butter bars just for you. I asked for extra chocolate so she's adding some chocolate chips to them."

"Can we start with dessert?" I ask which makes Travis laugh.

"You have to stay calm. We can't let them know you're pregnant until later."

"Okay, okay. Fine."

Travis pulls into the driveway and his entire family runs out the front door to greet him. He gets out and I stay in the car momentarily to prepare myself. I can still hear the overwhelming excitement from outside.

"Uncle Trav!" I watch as he picks up one of his nieces while she giggles loudly. "Daddy told me you had a surprise for us."

"It might not be the most interesting to you but I brought a friend."

"Can I play with your friend?"

"You'll have to ask her." Travis walks over to my side and opens the car door. "They're gonna love you, Taylor."

I nod and step out of the car. I shyly start to walk up to everyone and they look at me stunned. "Hey, I'm Taylor." I give a small wave before looking at the ground.

"Trav, how did you get her to agree to come here? Taylor, blink twice if he's holding you hostage." I can immediately tell this is his brother.

I giggle slightly and look up. "I'm here on my own will. Travis and I have become close friends recently and he invited me to come."