Baby Mama

Continued
November 22nd; 2023
Taylor Swift's Point of View
It's time to tell them. I've spent the entire day trying to convince them I'm a good person. There's no reason to dislike me and they should be excited for another member of the family. The only reason they might not like me is for eating half of Kylie's chocolate peanut butter bars. I'm Taylor frickin Swift, right? Only all my flaws, insecurities, and personal information are for them to see right on the internet.

"The girls are asleep." Jason walks in and sits in the living room with the rest of us. We've all been chatting and telling stories. Most of mine were about my cats since they're half my personality.

"Uh, before we jump into any more stories, I have an announcement to make." Travis's leg starts to shake and I see the terror building up in him.

"I'm excited! What is it?" Kylie rubs her hands and all the attention is focused on Travis.

"I'm going to be a father." He quivers.

"Grace is pregnant?" Donna questions.

"Well, no. It's a bit complicated..."

"Hi," I add.

I see how confused all of them are. They don't exactly understand what's going on.

"Can someone explain the situationship triangle we got going on?" Kylie asks.

"About a week before Grace and I started dating, Taylor and I...you know. It was a one-time thing but a few weeks later Taylor found out she was pregnant with my kid."

"I'm keeping the baby. Travis is doing his part and I'll be doing mine."

"How far along are you?" Ed replies.

"About ten weeks."

I look over and see Jason counting on his fingers. "Oh my god, you were the two having sex at Gigi Hadid's party!"

"Do you ever know when to be quiet?" Travis asks.

"Were you?"

"Well, yes. Can we get back on topic?"

"Are you and Grace..." Ed starts

"We're still together. I told her last week and she still wants to try and make it work."

"Why don't you and Taylor get together? You seemed to like each other enough to sleep with one another?" That comment made me want to punch his dad in the face.

"Dad, we don't like each other in that way. I think Taylor is a great person but I'm not in love with her. She's the mother of my child and a friend but nothing more."

"I think Travis is amazing but he has a girlfriend and I can do this myself."

"Okay, where will the child be raised?" Ed asks.

Travis and I answer the question at the same time but unfortunately, our answers don't quite line up.

"Missouri." "New York."

"New York? Like New York City?" Travis asks.

"Yeah. Why not?"

"It's just not very practical."

"And Missouri is? I'm not raising a child in a state where they don't believe in women's rights."

"So we're making it political?"

"It's not political, it's just facts. Abortion is fully banned, you can't get divorced while pregnant, and you have the right to bear arms but dear god if a woman shows their shoulders it's game over."