Knocked Up

Four Days Later
October 30th; 2023
Taylor Swift's Point of View
I look in the mirror as I begin to get ready for the day. I usually try to avoid looking at myself because I always feel like a distorted monster. This time was different and I was beginning to fear shadows lurking. I was being stalked by something I couldn't avoid. I know what's happening. My chest is bare and I'm observing my tender breasts. I slowly run my hand across, trying to ignore the screaming thoughts.
I search the cupboard in the bathroom for a test even though it's redundant. Joe and I had a pregnancy scare last year, it was negative. But I have a couple of leftover tests.

I do my due diligence and wash my hands. The test is sitting on the counter and I'm waiting for the results. I pace around the bathroom with my heart racing and my fingernails shortening. I don't know how I feel about being pregnant. I want to make as many albums as humanely possible and I want to be advancing my career and it feels impossible to do both motherhood and my job. Plus, I would be all alone. I'd be a single mother.
The last couple of days my breasts have been extraordinarily sore and I've yet to get my period. I put off the thought of pregnancy as long as I could but I think it's time to acknowledge it. I defended myself when Selena brought it up and I've been coming up with excuses. But I can't do it any longer. The timer goes off and I pick up the test. It takes me about 10 minutes to look at the results because I don't have the courage.

I stare at the test for what must have been an hour. I was in disbelief. Whenever you take an at-home test, no matter how faint or bold the second line is, that means it's positive. A faint line means I'm pregnant, it's just harder to tell. But the line wasn't faint. Both lines were a bold red. They were screaming in my face to make sure I was aware. I need to know what's happening. I'm pregnant. I sit down on the edge of the bathtub and start to cry. I'm not ready for this. I don't even have his phone number. Fuck, what's his name? I can't even remember the father's name oh dear god. I'm going to kill Selena for getting me into this mess.

God, what's his name?! I think it started with T. Trey, Trent, Taylor...no that's my name. Travis! It's Travis Kelce. I sigh and realize the first thing I have to do. How do I get in contact with him? I guess I'll try Instagram.

TS: Hey, I know we said we would just put what happened behind us and not talk but we need to talk. Are you in New York?

I expected the response rate to be much slower but he responded within minutes. It's been over a month since we've seen each other. Damn.

TK: No. I just finished playing the Broncos in Denver yesterday.

TS: Did you win?

TK: No but should have. The Broncos suck ass. Ever since they lost Peyton Manning they've been a hot mess. Our quarterback was sick with the flu and threw two interceptions.

TS: I'll pretend to understand everything you just went off about.

TK: Lol. Your looks will make up for your lack of taste in sports.

TS: Aka none.

TK: What do you need btw?

TS: Can you come to New York? We should talk in person.

TK: I'll see you tomorrow.

TS: Also, bring a couple of jars of Skippy brand crunchy peanut butter when you come. I'm almost out.

TK: I'm running errands for you now?

TS: Just do it.

•                     •                      •