This Is 40

Three Days Later
February 2nd; 2024
Taylor Swift's Point of View
2 cups of graham cracker crumbs, 2 cups of confectioners sugar, 1 cup of melted butter, 1 cup of peanut butter....maybe we add a cup and a half. I start to mix the ingredients in a bowl with a hand mixer but I put the setting too high and get confectioners sugar all over my face. I've made this recipe 10 times over and do that every time. I turn the hand mixer off and set it aside. I wash the sugar off my face and clean up the mess I've started to make in my kitchen.
Travis is coming over today and he should be here any minute. I think I'm going to tell him how I feel just so I can get it out in the open. Then I can find someone else to call my own.

"You are just Little Miss Active today." I put my hand over my bump as I feel the baby moving. She's been very active since I woke up and I enjoy feeling her presence. I love the feeling of actually having a bump. It took so long to get here and it's taking shape. What's getting scary is how close I am to my third trimester. It feels like yesterday I was in a fret because I couldn't remember who the hell I had sex with.

The doorbell rings and swing open the door to greet Travis. He's usually excited to see me. He greets me with a smile and a hug. Some grand gesture. This time he just silently walked in. "Sorry about the mess. I was making some chocolate peanut butter bars and it ended poorly."

"It's fine." Travis looks puzzled when he sees my face. He walks up to me and uses his hand to cup my chin. "What happened to your lip?"

"I bit down on it and it bled and everything. It looks worse than it is." I explain remembering how I bit my lip a couple of days ago.

"Your neck..." He slowly moves some hair out of the way and studies it. "You have a hickey."

"So?" I push his hand away and put my hair back where it belongs.

"Did you have sex?"

"I don't see why my sex life is any of your business, Travis." I back up and he follows me into the kitchen.

"You had sex."

"So what? We're not boyfriend and girlfriend. We're not in a committed relationship." I remind him.

"You're pregnant with my child. You can't just sleep around with whoever you want."

"Okay. By that logic, you can't have sex either. It's a two-way street." Why is he being a sexist fuck? I can have sex with whomever I want as long as it's consensual on both sides. Travis is starting to act like I'm not allowed to.

"It's different."

"How? Please explain it to me."

"You are actually carrying the baby." He attempts to explain.

"That doesn't make me disabled, Travis. Having sex is perfectly safe while pregnant. We didn't even plan on having sex. It was a spur-of-the-moment thing. Joe was just there-"

"Joe? Your ex-boyfriend? You screwed your ex-boyfriend while pregnant with my daughter?"

"Oh my god. You're jealous." I snicker.

"I'm not jealous! You fucked your ex?!" He yells. An argument is starting. He's serious.

"Why do you give a rat's ass? You have Grace!" I argue back.

"No, I don't. She broke up with me." He sighs.

"Oh...I'm sorry." I'm going to have a dance party tonight.

"No, you're not."

"What do you mean? Grace made you happy. I'm sorry you lost that." I lie my ass off as I begin to fear his next move.