To All the Boys I've Loved Before

Two Weeks Later
March 30th; 2024
Taylor Swift's Point of View
When I got to 22 weeks pregnant my bump started to expand rapidly. By the time I got to my third trimester, it was no longer a secret. Baggy clothing can't hide it. Makeup won't cover up the obvious pregnancy fat gained on my face. I'm only fitting into maternity clothes and oversized sweatshirts. The baby has started to make a point she's not the size of a peanut anymore. She's 2.5 pounds (1.3kg) and the size of a squash according to the Pampers website.
I've been keeping this pregnancy under wraps for months. I've gone this long without the public finding out. I wish I could keep them from finding out forever but it's going to happen eventually. I don't even know where to start or what to say. No one knows I'm in a relationship with Travis. What would they say to a pregnancy with a messy timeline?

My phone starts to ring and I see that it's Tree. I groan for a minute before picking it up. I already know what it's going to be about. She's been urging me for weeks to tell people about the pregnancy.

"Hi, Tree." I sigh.

"You just don't want to talk to me because you don't want to hear the truth which is you need to tell people." Tree immediately nags like I'm her daughter.

"I'm not ready!" I whine, taking a chocolate peanut butter bar from the fridge.

"We need to release a statement before the public finds out through other sources. Paparazzi, Grace, Joe. It's getting risky and the news should come from you."

I sigh and think. "Nope." I hang up the call and toss the phone a few feet away.

"Here's your tea." Travis hands me a cup of lemon ginger tea. My nausea has been so on and off lately. I'm just living off of tea to help me feel better.

"I'm going to go on the balcony for some fresh air." I'm in my place in Nashville currently. I thought it would be nice to show Travis my adopted hometown. I close the glass door behind me and look around the city. Standing is not my forte anymore so I take a seat and drink my tea. I scroll on my phone, watching kitten videos on TikTok. My cats are so much cuter.

Click. Am I crazy? Did I hear something? Click, click, click, click, click, click. I look to my left and there they are just like Tree said they would be. Click, click, click, click. The camera clicks always get to me. They're repetitive and loud. How many shots of me do you need? I didn't know what to do so I just panicked and half-assed ran inside. I locked the door and closed the blinds with my heart racing.

"Hey, are you okay?" Travis asks walking over to me.

"Paparazzi are outside. They took pictures of me. They know. The world is going to know. Everyone is going to know." My anxiety causes me to speak so rapidly I don't even understand my own words.

"Calm down. Let's call Tree."

I pick up my phone with my hands shaking. The phone rings and I'm in tears. "They got me on the balcony. I-I was there for two minutes."

"I'll start releasing a statement before the pictures get out."

"I'm going to post something. I don't want the paparazzi pictures the ones people think of. I want those photos to be worthless." I hang up the phone and sit down on the couch. I take a moment to breathe and catch up with my feelings. I fully calm down and get to work.

I picked three photos from my phone. One is a selfie of me smiling and holding my updated ultrasound picture from January. Another is a picture of me eating peanut butter from a jar while Benjamin cuddles up with me for the laughs. The cover is a picture Travis took of me where I'm sitting down and smiling on the floor with my hands on my bump. I just love the photo because it was the first picture he took of me completely happy. He had just become my boyfriend and all I kept thinking was I have everything I need. I put all three photos in a collection and added a caption.