Life as We Know It

Two Weeks Later
March 22nd; 2026
Taylor Swift's Point of View
I had been hiding my symptoms of pregnancy from Travis for weeks. The morning sickness, extreme fatigue, random crying sessions, etc. I'm going to start showing soon. My time is becoming limited. I'm 13 weeks pregnant. My first trimester has ended and I still haven't gone to the OB/GYN and gotten my first ultrasound. I'm now sacrificing my and the baby's health for Travis's sake. I can't even tell anyone about this. The only people who know are me and Kylie and Kylie is Travis's sister-in-law. I'm scared of telling her too much information and it gets leaked. Every couple of days she checks up on me which makes me feel better but besides that I have nothing. Dear God, I still haven't told Tree. I don't know which will be worse. Telling Travis or Tree? I should get one of them over with.

I open up my laptop and FaceTime Tree. She picks up and I try my best to put on a fake smile. "Hi, Tree!" I try to act as happy as possible but it's impossible.

"Hey, Tay. You said you had something important to share with me?"

"Yeah, it's about me and Travis."

"Did he finally propose?!" She smiles and claps.

"Unfortunately, no. Before you lecture, I just want you to know that this isn't what I necessarily wanted to happen either. I'm trying my best with my current resources.  Nobody knows except Kylie."

"What did you do?" She sighs.

My hormones were catching up to me as well as the instability of the situation. "I'm going to..." I tried to speak through my tears but it became too difficult.

"Taylor, you can tell me anything." Tree immediately became concerned. She wasn't her usual ready-to-whack-me-with-a-newspaper self.

"I'm pregnant. I'm 14 weeks pregnant and no one knows. Not even Travis." My eyes were stinging red from salty tears.

"Sweetheart..."

"I know, I fucked up. I'm so happy about this baby but everything is fucked up."

"You didn't fuck up. You're having a baby and that's beautiful. Viola gets to be a sister and you get to be a mother again. You've been given a gift, honey."

"Travis is still obsessed over his leg and doesn't want another baby! I can't take care of a toddler, a newborn, and Travis! I have an entire ass career and I haven't released anything since Taylor Swift (Taylor's Version) because I've been too busy raising Viola! Did you know the odds of having twins are like a billion times higher now that I'm 36!?" I panic.

"I'm guessing that's quite an exaggeration."

"I'm scared, Tree!" I wail.

"Okay, breathe. I know you're extremely overwhelmed right now but it's all going to be okay. Just remember that you have a lot of extra hormones as well and it's hard to control them. Having a baby is always going to be scary but I know you'll feel better when you tell Travis. How long have you known?" She calms me down and my breathing slows down.

"Five weeks," I answer.

"Taylor..." She's just as disappointed in me as I am in myself.

"I know. I'm going to do it."

"As your friend and publicist. Do it as soon as you can. You need to tell him. I'll get everything else worked out on the PR side. I know it's not ideal but I'm still happy for you. Congratulations." She forces a smile and I nod.

"Thank you." I hang up and shut my laptop. I need to fix this somehow.

I get out of bed and start to get dressed. I pick out a nice sweater and jeans but when I slip on the jeans it happens. I can't close them. I'm too bloated. I panic and run into the bathroom. I pull up the mirror and see it. There's a bump and it isn't going away anytime soon. I'm not bloated, I'm showing. My heart is racing and I don't know what to do. I'm having a baby and Travis doesn't know. I put both hands on my bump and I take a deep breath with my eyes closed. My panic turns into a smile. I open my eyes and look again. I'm having a baby. I have a bump. My tears turned into joy. My baby is a gift.