No Hard Feelings

Two Weeks Later
February 16th; 2024
Taylor Swift's Point of View
I spent the majority of my pregnancy with a small bump. I thought I was just lucky somehow and it would stay like that. No one warned me of this thing called the pregnancy pop. Around the 20-week mark, the uterus has grown up to your belly button and causes many women's bumps to noticely protrude. Then weeks 21-24 the baby grows at a faster pace than ever before aka my bump has decided it would like to make a dramatic change. It's grown much bigger and taken its shape. All that talk about having a small bump has disappeared. I look pregnant and it's almost impossible to cover up. Several thin stretch marks have appeared, traumatizing my skin. I tried everything in my power to avoid them but I couldn't. I'm 23 weeks pregnant which means there are only three weeks left of my second trimester and I'm fearful I'll be doing it all alone.

I still don't know if Travis will have anything to do with the baby. He hasn't talked to me since our fight and I'm scared he never will. I can try and shove the feelings away but I'm in love with him. What he said was evil but I know that wasn't him. The doorbell rings and I shove myself off the couch. My bump has taken its toll and it's now difficult to get off furniture. I open the door and find Travis standing in front of me. I didn't know what to do except stand there and look at him. I was left dead alone for two weeks and here he is.

"I'm sorry." The first two words were uttered from his mouth. I didn't respond. I just opened the door and gestured for him to come in. "Can we talk?" He asks.

"Here." I shove an envelope in his hands and look at him.

"What is this?"

"The paternity test. Jason helped me. You wanted proof, right?" Everything I say comes from malicious intent. I want him to hurt the way he hurt me. But Travis doesn't open the envelope.

"That's not why I'm here."

"Then why are you here? Slut shame me some more?"

"I get it, I was an asshole. Can you just let me talk for two minutes?"

"Fine, whatever." I sigh.

"I said a lot of stupid things I didn't mean because I was mad. It had nothing to do with you. Grace had just broken up with me and she said it was because I loved you. I took my anger out on you and blamed you for how our relationship ended. All of which are unfair reasons to be pissed with someone. I hope one day you'll forgive me."

"You had no right to do what you did. I gave you an out at the beginning and you didn't take it."

"I know."

"I get that you were mad but what the hell did your daughter do to deserve that type of treatment? She's not even born and you betrayed her."

"I know."

"And what makes no sense of it all, is I'm not allowed to be with anyone. I can't be with anyone else but I also can't be with you. So what do you want, Travis?" He leaves me unanswered as if he's holding his words back. He's biting his tongue "Tell me, Travis! What do you want?!" I yell.

"You! That's what I want! I want you!" I open my mouth but no words come out. I'm completely speechless. "And I was too goddamn stupid to recognize it before." Travis looks at the envelope that holds the results and sighs. "And I don't need this because I know this baby is mine. Even if she wasn't, I wouldn't care." He tears it up into several pieces.

"But you said-"

"I said a lot of things I didn't mean. There were also a lot of things I didn't get to say." He takes a couple of steps towards me and the tension in the room increases. "I didn't get to tell you how beautiful or selfless you are. How flawless your smile is and when your nose scrunches when you're happy, that's plain adorable."